• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despaxas

First Post
Tullius hears Ehldannis chanting and moving up and decides this is the moment to strike. He quickly darts inside the Elementals reach and strikes with his weapons. His short sword leaping up to stab and his axe circling around. "Quickly Ehldannis, while it's distracted!"

OOC: 5 foot step and full attack.

doghead

thotd
Marcus rolls to his feet again, ready to go again.

If he gets a moment respite, he sheathes his short sword* and pulls a second daggar. While staying alive remains his main priority, he needs to start getting a little of his own back. He watches the elemental seeking out any opportunities to toss a daggar or two. He wracks his mind for some other approach to the problem, but giant incarnations of mother earth's raw components are a little out of his league for toe-to-toe work.

ooc: Sounds like he didn't get the chance to last time.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 3

[Sounds like Marcus if 'fighting defensively']

Marcus stays alert, but slips out a dagger and hurls it at the towering mass. It seems to bounce off the watery surface. He is unable to observer the effect well, though, as this time one of the wet tendrils slams into him, sending him breifly off his feet, and, if possible, soaking him even more. (10 pts dmg) As he rolls back to his feet, he heaves a great sigh of relief. An arrow has again flown from Octar bow, straight and true. It penetrates the column of water, flying out the other side. At that, the whole mass collapses in a huge splash, soaking Tullius and Ehldannis as they approach.

The water rushes back into the river and the corridor is quiet.

We'll assume Ehldannis didn't yet cast his shocking grasp spell.

Krilith

First Post
~Dhormium looks around, concerned, is it dead? In many lesson they always told him that the smarter dwarf could always find a way to beat a very strong opponent, even a stronger dwarf, Is this water that smart? Marcus took quite a beating, and Octar is still bleeding, We must move on.~

“Brioc, lets hurry, we don’t know if it’s dead or not, it’s just gone and could come back any instant. Marcus, are those wounds troubling you a lot, or can I tend to those when we are a bit further away from the water?”

~Not waiting for a really answer Dhormium glances the surrounding quickly and gets his bearing in the dark quite easily and wants to start off when he realises he almost forgot Grassus….GRASSUS, by clangeddin’s beard, I almost forgot about him!! Realizing he looks for grassus (ooc: if he can find him) and runs to the little man and tells him that everything is still alright, still speaking his mother tongue. (ooc: if he can’t find him hell start looking for him obviously :heh: )

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Manzanita said:
The water rushes back into the river and the corridor is quiet.

Marcus straightens a little and pulls another daggar. That feels too easy. His eyes scan the water carefully, but in this half light he doubts he will see anything if the elemental wishes to stay hid.

"I'm all right over here," Marcus says as he watches the water. "A little beaten and bruised, but nothing serious. How are things on your side?"

~once he knows everthing is all right over there~

"Right. What now? Which direction do we need to be going in?"

Despaxas

First Post
"Well done everyone, even if it's not dead it should know better then to trouble us again. We should move down the corridor we were investigating before the elemental showed up."

Manzanita

First Post
October 23, 10:30 am

Grassus is fine, standing with Mendicus behind the others in the finely panneled hallway. Mendicus approaches Elhdannis. "That was very brave of you sir, to engage that creature in hand to hand combat. I almost wish it had lived long enough to experience death at your hands."

The party could continue up the paneled hallway north, up the south up the stairs on the other side of the bridge, or make their way back up the river from whence they came. Or maybe something else; I often don't accurately predict your actions.

Despaxas

First Post
"I suggest we move to investigate the panaled hallway.'I'll take the lead since I am unhurt at the moment, if that's allright with everyone."

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis takes several deep breaths, recovering from the experience of almost engaging the Elemental. "Yes, let us investigate the hallway but let us exercise caution".

Despaxas

First Post
Tullius claps Ehldannis on his shoulder, smiling broadly. "You did very well back there." He laughs. "No offense, but I didn't think you elves had it in you. The slinging of spells, sure, but not the up close and messy part. You on the other hand. Real gutsy." Admiration shines in Tullius' eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads