• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inez Hull

First Post
His spell not noticed as he worships, Ehldannis decides to try another. He loudly calls out "Coeus" and mimics a religious fervour to cover his actions. He quickly intones two more spells under his breath and then strains his attention on the words of the men and attempts to subtly scan the room.

[Casts Detect Magic and Detect Secret Doors]

Despaxas

First Post
Tullius smiles and beckons to the hole. He shouts down. "Safer if you'd be up here. They seem to be nice chaps, for now." Tullius makes as much as a display of this as possible to cover Ehldannis' chanting.

Manzanita

First Post
Ehldannis

Ehldannis believes all three spells have been cast sucessfully, although the preists all watch him intently, evidently quite curious at his maner of worship. He (& Tullius) catch phrases as they talk amongst themselves. It seems they are waiting for someone named 'Gerryvantus.'

Ehldannis detects no secret doors in the room. The only magic is coming from behind the curtain, and is a faint enchantment. He also is able to detect magic on Tullius, the same as originally.

Manzanita

First Post
October 24th, 10 am

Everyone gets pulled up. It takes awhile; Grassus and wolf need to have the rope tied around them, but eventually everyone is pulled up without incident.

If someone does not want to come up, let me know.

While the rest of the party is being pulled up, one of the priests leaves the room through the door in the south. (The only door in the room) Soon after, the priest reappears, this time accompanied by a tall, gaunt, middle aged man. He, like the other priests, wears a long black robe. He also has a large skull pendant hanging from a silver chain around his neck. A heavy mace hangs from his side.

He stands and appraises the party for a few moments. Then speaks in the same Greek dialect that the others use. There is some confusion in the party about what he is saying, but Ehldannis, who's tongues spell is still in effect, understands him perfectly. He asks,

"Greetings brothers in Coeus. Who are you who rise from the pits of the dead?"

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma

Marcus gives a great deal of consideration to the idea of staying down below. But in the end he rejects it. He sheathes his sword and scrambles up the rope.

ooc: * Climb +4. Probably not an issue, but I wanted to check it myself anyways.

On the way up, he pauses to see if the shaft would be climbable without a rope. Once at the top he shift quietly out of the way of the others following and takes up a position to one side. Unless need to help haul that is.

Once everyone is up, he settles back into his previous location to see what's next. There is always some sort of trouble around each new corner of this damned cave. Tullius, he notices, is grinning like a cat in cream. He seems to be enjoying himslef immensely. The man is completely fearless, mad.

If he has the opportunity, he gives the room a look-over to see what he can see. But just from where he stands. No point in offending out hosts by rummaging through their things in front of them.

Inez Hull

First Post
"Please bear with me friends", Ehldannis mouths quietly to his companions in Latin before turning to the newly arrived man with the skull pendant.

Ehldannis looks the man in the eye and speaks to him perfectly in his dialect of Greek, "As I'm sure you can see looking at us, we are a mixed group representing many peoples. Each of us serve a master dedicated to the service of great Coeus. Tidings were sent to each of our masters which led to the forming of our company, to enter into these catacombs to discover a great treasure, which would be recovered to the glory of Coeus. Perhaps it was predestined that we would meet with you, and that you would guide us in our quest."

Despaxas

First Post
Nice. Now either he can stick to his bluff without any information or we'll have a fight on our hands. Fine by me too. Tullius relaxes as he mentally prepares himself for a fight if Ehldannis happens to fail. He surveys the opposition, trying to find out who might be the biggest threat.

Manzanita

First Post
The priest raises his eybrows. "So, you also serve Coeus. Good." He smiles briefly, but it flickers. "You do not wear his markings? And what treasure are you searching for? Anything in particular? Have you met with the beastmen? What is down that hole from whence you emerged?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads