• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Octar has no idea what's going on, not speaking any greek whatsoever, so he takes his lead from Tullius- which is not a terribly comforting lead, as his fellow Roman seems to be sizing up the opposition. That and the skull around the apparent leader's neck make Octar nervous, and he wishes there was some way to ready either weapon or shield without being impolite.

Jarval

Explorer
Brioc looks round the room, uncomfortable in these new surroundings.

The skulls can't be a good sign... He thinks dourly, then smiles slightly. On the other hand, you were happily dealing with a man who wanted to throw people to a water guardian just a day ago...

"Dhormium, do the trappings of this place give you any insight as to which god these men follow?" He asks the dwarven priest in a low whisper. "My knowledge of gods other than my own is poor."

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

Marcus, unable to understand a word that is being said, finds himself acutely conscious of the priest's tone and expressions. The doubt in the smile, the rapid barrage of questions ... not the best of signs.

Marcus lets himself drift into a flank postion, making small talk with the others as he does in order to avoid being obvious about it.

Inez Hull

First Post
"We were advised that wearing the great one's mark would bring trouble upon us. Naturally, we were not comfortable hiding our faith, but our master's were of the belief that our quest's goal was of greater import. Yes, we have met, fought and slain many of the beastmen, we were chosen by our respective masters as much for our martial prowess as our faith, for we were travelling to lands we believed to be ignorant of great Coeus. Our primary goal is for sacred writings which were told had been kept by the original human inhabitants of these lands, before they fell to the beastmen and lizardmen. Below lie crypts of the lizard creatures, and it also appears an area dedicated to worship by those who once lived here."

These lies come to my lips so readily, after this task is done what will I have become?

Krilith

First Post
~After Dhormium got hoisted up into the room the site of the room made him reel. Although he quickly composed himself on the outside, the inside on the other hand was still churning. The skulls sending out an ill foreboding feeling.
His eyes where drawn like magnets to the large skull pendant that hung on a chain. Have I seen that symbol before? Think !!
‘brothers in Coeus’ and ‘also serve Coeus’ they said, Dhormium grunted at that. Dishonouring the dead like that, barbarians! This dwarf is not going to play along with this, this sacrilege!!

Jarval said:
"Dhormium, do the trappings of this place give you any insight as to which god these men follow?" He asks the dwarven priest in a low whisper. "My knowledge of gods other than my own is poor."
~Mentally Dhormium was already paging through the books he had seen at home, The Hold. He saw himself sitting in the library, surrounded by books and weapons on the walls.
He nodded briefly to Brioc’s whisper~

((Ooc: Knowledge religion check +6))

Manzanita

First Post
Dhormium failed his first Knowledge (religion) check. I will give some general info though, since he might know that, & I think at least one of the players knows it. Coeus was a titan. Before the Olympian gods took over, Zeus' father and his kind, the Titans, ruled the earth. They roughly parallel the giants in Norse mythology. I don't know that there's a parallel in the Egyptian or non-human dieties. Coeus was one of these titans. Dhormium was under the impression that they had been permanently imprisoned, and were powerless to give spells to clerics.

The priest frowns slightly, but bows his head respectfully.

"Coeus knows we need help here against the power of the beastmen. And perhaps I can help you to fight them more effectively. We must talk further. But now we have other business. It is the day of the bat, and I have come to there halls practice the ritual. Your presence is augered, as we have two who will meet Coeus today. Come," he says to Ehldannis," you will share in honor." He stands back and gestures to the door with his hand. Outside the party can see more black-robed figures.

The rest of the party who can speak Greek can follow the gist of the conversation.

Inez Hull

First Post
What have I gotten us into?.... Well at least my companions are all here now in case things turn sour....

Ehldannis turns to his companions and speaks in Latin, but watches his words just in case these men speak it. "It appears that two will meet Coeus today." He looks meaningfully at the pile of skulls. "We must ready ourselves to give worship as we best see fit."

doghead

thotd
ooc: I for one would just like to take a moment here to say that Marcus has absolutely no desire to meet Coeus. I'm on to you Manzanita. I know how your mind thinks now. Marcus is quiet attached to his skull, and would like to keep it that way, thank you very much.

Jarval

Explorer
"Aye, two will, will they?" Brioc says, troubled by the fact he cannot understand a word spoken by the men. He rests his hand on the hilt of his scimitar and frowns.

"Be ready lads, I doubt this is going to go well..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads