• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manzanita

First Post
October 24. 2 pm

The locals make no particular requests of the party. Earlier they said that civil war was out of the question because the very survival of the community depended upon everyone cooperating. The party is free to reenter the caverns through the tunnel where they exited or try to find their camp.

Mendicus expresses his concern to Brioc that they have already spent one night away from their horses and food supplies (in the crypts), and that he would like to try to get back there before the horses wander off.

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma

Marcus is rather nonplused by how events turn out after they arrive at the village. Judging by the looks on peoples faces, so are the others. But Marcus keeps his peace until they finish dinner. When the last of the villagers leaves, he speaks up.

"I agree with Tullius on this. Without some sort of idea as to what who is what, we could end up doing as much harm as good. And perhaps we have already done enough. The priest is dead, which will surely have shifted the balance of power back in favour of the others in the village.

"Its late, so we might as well stay here for the night and set off first thing tomorrow. I for one would enjoy a little time beneath the stars before going back into that hole.

"But we should set a double guard."

Krilith

First Post
~Dhormium agrees~
"Lets strengthen ourselves for tomorrow by resting in the comfort of a bed and a good meal", the dwarves face lights up at the notion of a good hot meal."

ooc: i say lets press on to the next day, if everything goes uneventfull ofcourse..

Manzanita

First Post
morning October 25

The party spends the rest of the afternoon and evening discussing events and practicing their skills. They spend the night in the crude hut, which is still better than the crypt where they spent the prior night. The night passes basically uneventfully.

In the morning a number of villagers show up. Mostly to gawk at the strangers, but also bringing various food items for breakfast.

I went ahead and assigned XPs: 2079 of them, bringing the party to a range of 13,266 to 14,150, all within striking distance of 6th level. The party could now reenter the dungeons the way they left or try to get to their previous camping spot aboveground. Brioc and Tullius, after some discussion, believe they know how to get back above ground.

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma

Marcus struggles for a bit, trying to put together an mental image of the caves.

With a shrug, he announces, "I not really sure about the whole layout of the caverns, but it seems to me that we need to be at this end more than the other. There are still some rooms to be inspected, and then there is the sphinx.

"Do we need to go back to our horses at this point?"

Inez Hull

First Post
"Let us finish exploring the tomb and finish our business with the Sphinx. Her favour may be a telling advantage in completing our quest."

Manzanita

First Post
October 25th, 10 am

After a couple hours, the party manages to find its way back to the original caverns entrance. Since this is quite close to the aspen grove where their horses and extra gear are stowed, they swing by. To their conternation, the horses are missing, as is all the gear that Mendicus had slung up into the tree branches to keep from scavengers.

Tullius and Brioc search around the site, examining the many footprints. There is little doubt in either of their minds who is responsible. Orcs.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Damn," says Octar, his thoughts going to the spearpoint still bundled at his belt. "Do you think...?" the who that Octar is suggesting seems obvious.

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma

Marcus breathes a mental sigh of relief, glad that Mendicus and Grassius didn't stay with the horses and gear.

Thomas Hobbes said:
"Damn," says Octar, his thoughts going to the spearpoint still bundled at his belt. "Do you think...?" the who that Octar is suggesting seems obvious.

"I think that we need to get on with what we came here for. Before whats his face does it first."

He glances around at the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads