• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crown of the Kobold King

Corpseflower

First Post
In his quick search of the room Azog notes that the headboard is engraved with an anvil crossed with a hammer. Inside the room on the wall facing the headboard a framed painting depicts a powerfully muscled hobgoblin in his heavy smiths apron with his arm around a tiny young hobgoblin bride. The bride gazes lovingly at the two infants she holds together in her arms. One infant is chubby and wrapped in golden swaddling, while the other is partially wrapped in dirty rags, gaunt and skeletal with a hungry mouth lined with sharp fangs.

A short inscription is engraved in brass and affixed to the frame, but written in ancient Goblin.
Decipher Script 15 (untrained ok, if you can speak goblin)

[sblock]The plate reads "Our Father of the Forge, Lord Droskar"[/sblock]

Kn. Religion DC 15 (+5 Circumstance for Azog)
[sblock]The painting relationships in the painting seems to mirror Onatar God of the Forge, his wife Olladra, and their twin sons Kol Korran and the Keeper. The painting must depict an idea of The Host an envisioned by the remnants of the Dhakaani Empire.[/sblock]

Once Azog declares the room clear, Dimlez promptly claims it and slumps to the floor already dozing. Turn shakes his head nonplussed, "Go on then. I'll keep a watch on this room while you make a pass on the others."

WarShrike

First Post
"Aidan, more Goblin scratchings here, can you make anything out? Also, this painting has some sort of religious meaning, i'm sure of it. The Anvil and Hammer are here and these two childeren, so different. It has to mean something." Azog backs away from the painting and nearly trips over Dimlez. "Well now, that was fast. I see now what you meant Turn, aye, i'll go check the other rooms." He walks to the next door, fang beside him and opens it. The others are near enough at the other room that he's not worries about being alone (besides the wolf).

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Yes Azog, I have seen this before I believe. Though I cannot seem to remember exactly where. The painting relationships in the painting seems to mirror Onatar God of the Forge, his wife Olladra, and their twin sons Kol Korran and the Keeper. The painting must depict an idea of The Host an envisioned by the remnants of the Dhakaani Empire.

Corpseflower

First Post
Turndar loads his crossbow takes a place in the doorway once Azog and the rest of the entourage move on to secure the floor. The other rooms in the hall overlooking the length of the chapel are more or less the same as the first. Rotten bedding and religious iconography are the only notable features for most. When he lifts the bed in the room halfway down the hall, Azog finds a pocket-sized journal, but at a glance it appears to be written in the same ancient goblin, and in a spidery formal script as well. The last room in the hall also has a pile of rubble where the ceiling has collapsed leaving a dark hole to the attic. The wall at the end of the hall is covered by a mouldering tapestry of the same stylized tri-curl of flame on a black background that you saw in the chapel. The tapestry covers another arched window so that the curls of the flame appear to glow red where it isn't ripped or rotted away.

Around the bend from the first stairwell, the first door opens on a larger
square room. From the small table and what remains of two overstuffed chairs it looks like a sitting room for a larger room beyond. The marble basin of a small font in the corner sits bone dry and a banded chest in the far corner lies open. The ceiling of the room is painted in a montage of religious iconography that would take both education, skill, and time to work out. To the untrained eye a cursory scan reveals that the bulk deals with hobgoblins locked in battle with hideous alien creatures. In the room beyond you can see rubble and plaster littering the floor and a large four-poster bed centered on the north wall.

Corpseflower

First Post
The room beyond is quite large for a bedroom. A tattered carpet covers most of the center of the room and the walls are painted an earthy orange with the windows outlined in a decorative red border. Shreds of fabric still hang from the four poster bed's canopy and the mattress is draped with rough animal pelts. A wooden doll in a dress lies in the floor. The ceiling in this room has also collapsed in places with the piles of broken plaster lying below three gaping holes to the attic.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Alright fleshies, are you going to go to sleep somewhere or not? The sooner you all 'recover' the sooner I can get back to smashing and find these kids."

Luger pays particular attention to Jeva during the night when they do finally bed down. A little devil girl can slit a sleeping mans throat pretty easily in that condition.

WarShrike

First Post
"Just making sure we're not at risk here" Azog calls back. "These holes in the ceiling have me concerned." Azog lights a torch and lifts it through the hole in the cieling. Just the torch at first, if he hears nothing threatening, he will go up himself, making a pile of furniture to climb if need be.

Remove ads