log in or register to remove this ad

 

PF1E Crowns of Ice - A Tale of Blood and Betrayal - Chapter I - The Isle of Heildam

Archon Basileus

First Post
Heheh! In their defense, it would be rude to attempt on her life on her wedding day. So, as soon as she arrives seems more likely. Besides, five of them surely want her head. The rest of them are as inclined to kill each other as they are to kill her, hehe.

Oh... Also, as I mentioned at the start, it was quite some time since I did this, either online or on the tables. So, if there's anything I can do to have to improve, please, let me know! :)

EDIT: my bad, the map mess was actually on me! I fixed it now, guys! ;)

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Fenris

First Post
OOC: Queenie has indicated Astrid is at AE18 speaking with Brynhilde, Thorir had been on the dock back with the vanguard of those who had escorted Astrid off the ship.


Thorir had been keeping a weather eye on Rolf. Thorir knew that Rolf being here was not an act of providence. So when Rolf started to look at the crowd with interest, Thorir took a greater interest in the crowd as well. He started to take a few steps forward as he slid his shield off his back.

As Rolf shouted his order, Thorir started forward with speed, his axe was in his hand. A brief flash of a beach flashed through his mind. Raiding with his men, fierce, quick strikes. But these were supposed to be his people, his countrymen. But this was not the memory he had held of them. Were his memories tainted by the innocence of youth? Or had things changed so much. Brief fleeting thoughts to be solved later as Thorir reached Astrid.

His axe flew from his hand towards one of Rolf's knife wielding men (AD14) as Thorir stood with his shield in front of Astrid, protecting her from whatever arrow or knife he could. His eponymous grin graced his face, while his shield, a sea serpent with a crown of real gold gleamed in the sun.

 

Archon Basileus

First Post
The man Thorir attacked shambles as if trying to regain his footing. The others attack their projectiles reaching out for her. Two knifes miss their target by a large margin, given the opportune interference of the warriors. The last one might have bruised the young woman, but it gets stuck on Thorir’s shield instead. Almost a second later an arrow lands at her feet, firmly stuck into the board. The archer missed his mark. As he repositions himself, his body reads a hurt pride beneath the skins.

At the other boat, Rolf stares deeply at Thorir one last time, before he and Sigur jump down into the mass of soldiers. Rolf can still be seen moving around and issuing orders, but Sigur vanishes promptly. Their men begin to move towards the deck, while some of them line at the boat’s flank. It seems they’re preparing for something…
The Valkiries are quick to engage the first attackers. One of them makes a quick job of ending Thorir’s victim, bringing the attacker to the floor. The others engage the remaining attackers, raising lances against them, as if to suit the situation’s needs and keep the masses at bay.

From Astrid’s entourage, several soldiers move towards the side of the dock, trying to protect the travelers’ flank from potential attacks. Right behind them, a group of archers move towards the dockside, readying themselves to fight against Rolf’s men, if need be.

Map Updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcB--LvawOzOiZLEB6KS9F5tICD7TByvTm2UO7LbKdk/edit#gid=0

[One man down, one bruised, and the others still on the go. If anything’s obscure, please, ask, and I’ll rectify!]
[MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION] [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION] [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Arvid goes last, I'm waiting to see what others do [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION], [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION], [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]
 

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Astrid froze up, as chaos and Helheim broke out around her. She'd been just about to address the crowd and thank them for gathering for her when the arrows started flying. As a knife landed squarely in Thorir's shield in front of her, and an arrow landed directly at her feet, she jumped closer to Thorir's back, grasping him, hiding behind him. Ruby stood behind her and growled, her hackles up, yet she stayed close.


OOC: Astrid is holding for a real action. ;)
 

tglassy

Adventurer
Alec lifts his large bastard sword in one hand, donning his shield in the other. His first instinct was to rush into the fray, but his daughter was here. He needed to protect her.

He stayed by Thorir's side, weapon ready in case one of the men charged past the Valkyrie.

OOC: Readying action, if enemy gets close enough, Alec will attack.



Sent from my iPad using EN World
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Arvid stands catches one of the many fishing and transport nets hanging along the pier pulling himself up.

"People of Grandael’s! Is this how you receive your guests!? By allowing impostors, strangers and vagabonds to attack them! We were always welcoming. They are guests of our Jarl and his son Einar! Yes, they are demiurgans! But they are INVITED GUESTS! Stop those assassins and let us make merry!"
The group had heard Arvid speak and he was always cultured if talkative. But this voice, it rings over the shouts and insults, horse whinnies, hoofs thundering on the pier and stomping feet. It calls for action this time, not deliberation. Calling upon the greatest tradition of the people. And ever were this people warriors.

As soon as he delivered his little speech he swings back down and hobbles between the horses disappearing into the crowd.
"Come on! Let's show these cowards the wrath of true Jarls!"
Well, almost. He's still wearing the cloak and fancy clothes, so...he can be distinguished from the crowd. But he moves between the men trying to get onto the pier.


[sblock=Actions]
Speech: Diplomacy: 1D20+11 = [13]+11 = 24 - add +4 for those who recognize Arvid (he is in his area of renown) - locals start with friendly attitude if they would normally be neutral to him and unfriendly or worse if they already hated him.

The cloak is red herring - Arvid's in the crowd somewhere Disguise: 1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25
[/sblock]

OOC: intentional WE to include himself with the crowd.
 





Archon Basileus

First Post
Sorry! They get four exams a year, plus two rounds of subs, and I brought upon myself to record extras and prepare written works for all nine classes. So I get flooded every two months or so, lol. But it's all planned and nearly done hehe

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk
 



Queenie

Queen of Everything
I think Brazil, right? But you only get off at Christmas??? Our kids have two months at summer, and weeks at Christmas and Easter and Spring Break.


Sent from my iPad using EN World
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
We get Easter. Christmass and summer break. With students at university getting very little and ground schoolers having nearly four months total
 


Archon Basileus

First Post
ROUND 2

Somehow, Arvid’s intervention and Astrid’s sudden inaction seem to move crowd. Many men and women move against the attackers, changing the way things went so far. Surrounded, the knife-bearers see no option but to turn against the people, waving blades against them, trying to remain free. After his declaration, Arvid vanishes easily into the crowd, moving fluidly amidst the locals.

Back at the cliffs, the archer sees the commotion, aiming once more against the young lady, after short deliberation. ‘Perhaps one last shot might land’, his gestures seem to translate. The bow bends once more, a deadly projectile readied with great swiftness, his nimble steps firmly placed against the gray stones.
At the boardwalk, the conflict unfolds. Still, the locals seem more inclined to defend the visitors. The fist fights in the back still go on, as they probably ignored Arvid entirely. A safe distance is kept from the dock the arrivals now occupy, Thorir and Alec's intimidating figures holding everyone back.

On the right, Rolf’s voice can be heard, yielding a clear, rough command. “PROTECT THE WOMAN AT ALL COSTS!” Suddenly, he’s bursting out of the dock, followed by several men. They move towards the crowd, shields up, bashing people out of their way, but being careful enough not to hurt them… much. They seem to be making their way towards the assassins.

[Ok, so the locals will try to grapple the killers, now distracted by the commotion against them. Out of reach, the archer still tries to shoot Astrid. Two other archers realize his intentions and ready shots against him. The rest of them still watch the conflict going on down at the boardwalk. Rolf’s men are trying to clear the area, apparently aiding Astrid and her entourage. I’ll roll second for the NPC block as before, right after Thorir! Again, sorry for the delay. Please, don't let this dial down your enthusiasm! Things will get better, since I’m just going to apply and correct tests now. Here in Brazil we get only one month by the end of the year as vacation, and we get tons of extra work mid-year, hehe. Oh, also, [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION], did you get to see the individual thread for Astrid? If you didn't find it adequate, I can change it! :)]

@Neurotic @Queenie @Fenris @tglassy
 
Last edited:

Fenris

First Post
Thorir draws his sword as he keeps his shield up and in front of Astrid. He calls over his shoulder to the crew still on board the ship. "Throw the crowd belaying pins and some rope to bind them." Meanwhile, Thorir keeps a weather eye out on Rolf. He doesn't fully trust his words until his actions conform to them.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Behind one of the killers, distinctive cane with silvery head comes down hard on mans skull. Through all the jostling in the crowd, it is hard to see who did it. But any who noticed the cane would know.


[sblock=Actions]
Move: get behind one of the thugs
Attack: Non-lethal attack from behind; damage; bonus damage (choice) 1d20+8-4=17; 1d8+1=3; 2d8=8; 2d4=6
[/sblock]

OOC: 11 damage if he's unaware, 9 if he sees Arvid in the crowd. If he doesn't fall, Arvid would risk pushing through and attacking again as swift action
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top