Crucible of Faith ~ Chapter 1

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Quillia, female gnome wizard

Paxus Asclepius said:
She didn't seem the impolite sort. You don't think something's happened to her, do you?
*Quillia winces.*

Now that's not a pleasent thought. Let me ask, she thinks, and then goes over to the bar. She waits until the barkeeper has a free moment and then asks him a question.

"Pardon me, but I was wondering if you or any of your staff has seen Miria today? The gnome cleric of Mystra I supped with yesterday? Has she been around at all or left any messages?"

Ghostknight

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
Shariau ~
color=yellow] "Your meals will be out shortly. Is there anything else we can help you with, Wanderer?"[/color] He is very polite, eyeing your holy symbol with something close to reverence and bowing to both of you. "Would you need a guide around the city?"

Smiling Shariau looks at the boy. No need for a guide. I will be staying here for a while. I am looking for some people. They should be coming here soon. in the meantime, if there are any travellers or merchants needing the blessings of Shaundalkur, let me know.

Last edited:

Shariau ~
The serving boy nods. "If you should happen to need anything, milords, my name is Jessie." He starts cleaning tables.

You spend most of the day in the inn. Although people come and go, and once in a while someone asks your blessing on their travel, there are no new developments. About suppertime, however, Shariau notices several of the individuals from his dream enter the inn. The winged human enters, followed by the two individuals you had seen standing next to the dire boar (both carrying what appears to be a pile of pies). The human looks around, then spots the innkeeper behind the bar. The halfling and human girl turn as a heavily-armored older man wearing a holy symbol of Helm calls out to them.

Durindal ~
The common room is about half-full. There is a human paladin of Helm, a table with what appears to be a merchant with his bodyguards, a table with three clerics wearing blue, white, and grey robes respectively, and a table with two men wearing traveling clothes - one man with dusky brown hair and a hawk-like nose, the other being tall and thin, with yellow eyes.
You locate the innkeeper as he stands up from behind the bar and calls back into the kitchen. He hands a bottle that he had apparently retrieved from behind the bar to a child who dashes out of the kitchen door, then back inside. Seeing new patrons, he smiles and calls out to the three of you. "Lathlander's Blessings on you and welcome! Please take a seat. What can I get for you?"

Pumbar ~
The two of you follow Durindal into the inn's common room, carrying lots of pies. As the two of you step in, you hear Paladin Tierak's voice: "Pumbar and Xuxia! Welcome."

[OOC: I assume that Wigglesnout didn't come in, as it would be difficult to fit him through the doorway and between the tables.]

Quillia, Amara, & Kosji ~
The barkeeper frowns in thought. "Naw, can't says that I have. That'un is usually in for breakfast, wonder wha' be keepin' her." He glances at the table that you had left, and where Amara is currently sitting. "Didn' I overhear the three," he corrects himself, glancing at Kosji, "four of ya makin' plans for this morn?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Something has gone wrong, Kosji thinks to Quillia, as he climbs out of the pocket and onto her shoulder. To the bartender, Where does Miria take residence?

Amara, Quillia, & Kosji ~

The bartender looks a bit startled at Kosji's words in his mind; although it is obvious he is used to mages and their familiars in his inn, he doesn't appear comfortable with them talking to him.

"Aye, 'er temple would be a good place to look. That be where them clerics of the Lady o' Magic live. It be only five blocks away...." He gives you directions. "I be telling 'er, should she show up, where'n you've gone."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Then we shall go there now. Not waiting for Quillia or Amara to follow, Kosji takes off towards the temple. Once there, he begins swooping around, mentally drilling the priests for information while looking for Miria.

Ghostknight

First Post
Shariau calls Jessie over to the table

Jessie, I need you to carry a message for me. Please go and invite those people to me table with Shaundalkur's blessing. Tell them I wish to talk to them. He points the people from his dream out to Jessie.

Ili, help me add some tables here to make space for our guests. I told you my dream was sent by Shaundalkur, and now both the building and the people from it are here! Standing he adds another table and chairs to his, helped by Ili'koa.

So, how do you know this is just not an elaborate trap? You kow that there are those in Unther and Mulhorand who have objected to your slave freeing exploits! He carefully straps his sword back on and takes position behind Shariau from where he can react quickly You believe in divine providence, I am going to make sure you don;t loose your head!

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal si'Tempus Half Celestial Pal/Ftr/Rog/Sor/Tmp

Bartender said:
Seeing new patrons, he smiles and calls out to the three of you. "Lathlander's Blessings on you and welcome! Please take a seat. What can I get for you?"

Durindal looked around for an open table suitable for three or more and made his way to it. Smiling in greeting to the bartender, Durindal replied, "I would be interested in a room for the evening, and the opportunity to speak with the proprietor at some point this evening, privately if I may. Perhaps a stout ale if you would as well."

Durindal looked to Xuxia and Pumbar to see what they wanted as well. . . .

Remove ads