• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CSHC) Creamsteak's Home Campaign [IC]

Eldorian

First Post
I whisper up to Lucidus, "I have need of your lockpicking skills, friend."

If he comes down, I introduce myself. "I do not believe we have been introduced. My name is Fayden. I am a novice druid. The dog's name is Spike. He has found something in this room, the one you left unlocked."

Lucidus

First Post
I head back down the stairs and whisper to Lucidus, "Well met Fayden, I am Lucidus. Perhaps your companion, Spike, has found our belongings."

I closely inspect the northeast door and then attempt to lockpick it.

Creamsteak

Explorer
You pick the lock after a lot of work. You both hear the sounds of screaming coming from somewhere distant above. Inside the room you find all of your equipment minus any coins you both had.

Lucidus

First Post
I quickly reequip my own belongings, keeping the daggers I found in the other room in addition to my own weapons.

I whisper to Fayden, "Well,shall we go see what all the fuss is about? I'd like to find out why I'm in here and how I can avoid suffering whatever that poor soul is going through now."

I place the candle back in its holder on the wall and then head back up the steps and listen at the top to see if anyone is nearby. If I don't hear anyone, I open the door and scan the next room.

Creamsteak

Explorer
This room is also lit by candles, but numerous of them along the walls. 8 candles on each wall side, giving a fairly decent illumination to the room. The carpet here appears to be well made, possibly a sign of luxury, the collor of dark cherries. A chandelier of glass appears to have fallen at the north side of the room, but another is still hanging in place on the south side. The fragments of shattered glass make the path a bit dangerous (similar to caltrops).

North: The northern hallway (where the fallen chandelier is) has a heavy double door 10 ft. tall and 10 ft. wide at the far end. On the right hand side, is a double door only 5 ft. tall, but also 10 ft. wide. On the left side you see thick wooden stairs leading up into a darkened room.

South: A large shimmering glass shandelier reflects the candlelight from t he room creating an eery appearance of glistening lights across the otherwise simple room. Another huge double door to the far south end, and another along the western side of the corridor.

East: Darker (with less candlelight), this hallway is unadorned except for a simple door along the north side.

West: An unadorned hallway wit ha simple door along the south side.

Eldorian

First Post
I gather my equipment, ready my shield and sword, and follow the roguish character up the stairs, quietly, making Spike be quiet as well.

Lucidus

First Post
I sneak around checking the doors in the East and West hallways. If I hear and/or see nothing on the other side of the doors I check to see if they are locked. I also listen for any other sounds coming from the North or South. I stay away from the broken glass on the ground to the North.

When I'm done looking around I head back to the stairs and whisper to Fayden, "Which way do you think we should head?"

Remove ads