• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CSHC) Creamsteak's Home Campaign [IC]

Lucidus

First Post
I quietly but quickly check the other doors in the room. I whisper, "We need to find something to defend ourselves with." I check the other rooms for anything that could be used as a weapon (my equipment in particular).

Creamsteak

Explorer
Lucidus: You can only really see (and even barely at that) into the rooms on the east and west sides of the cellar with the lighting you have right now. The door to the east is locked, so you'll have to pick it.

Open Lock: You don't succeed on your first attempt, and you think that it will be fairly difficult with your current implements, but doable by taking 20.

Checking the other doors on the west side other than the one spike came from reveals that they are similarly sealed.

Lucidus

First Post
I pick up one of the candles by the staircase and use it to scan the doors on the south side of the room. If any doors are unlocked I will open and scan those rooms. Any doors that are bolted I will open as well. If any of the doors appear to be easily unlocked I will try to lockpick them.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The bolted door is fairly easy to open, and you manage to get it unstuck after some effort. Spike seems beat up. He's not completely healed either. It looks like they captured him, but didn't take him easily.

As you scan the room with the candles light you find that the doors to the south are entirely unlocked. In each of the store rooms there is a foodstuffs and supplies for conventional use. One of the containers has a small satchel on top of a wooden crate. The satchel has 86 copper and 1 gold coins inside. Some of the crates are nailed shut, and would be difficult to pry open without a crowbar or something similar to work with.

The far door on the west side is locked, but you give it an attempt and do manage to successfully open this door. Once open you see what looks like a respectable collection of weapons. You take inventory of the items and determine that the following are lined up here:

Three light crossbows.
Fifteen bolts.
Four shortswords.
Two leather breastplates (leather armor).
Six small daggers.
One buckler.
One greataxe.

Lucidus

First Post
I take the money from the satchel and then pick up and equip one leather breastplate and two of the daggers.

I whisper, "Hey, stranger. There are some weapons over here. Grab something so we can get out of here."

I then walk up the stairs quietly and listen at the door at the top to see if I can hear anything on the other side.

Creamsteak

Explorer
You notice that the stairs are fairly old, and they creek with each step. At the top of the stairs you see a big sturdy wooden door set into a brass frame. The door has a small barred (5 inch square) hole with a brass frame around it as well, probably for looking in and out of the room.

Through the hole you can see out into a hallway of sorts with a lit chandelier hanging above.

attachment.php

Eldorian

First Post
I help the other man don the armor, and then don a suit myself. I take the buckler, and look around for anything that can be used as a club or sling, otherwise I take a dagger too. I also look for anything that can be used to bandage Spike, or myself. If I have less than 5 hit points, I cast my remaining cure minor on myself, otherwise I cast it on Spike.

Creamsteak

Explorer
You don't see anything that would make for a workable sling, but you can convert something into a club. Your hit points are fine, Spike is still fatigued and with your cure minor wounds is still injured.

Eldorian

First Post
I make Spike track holly and mistletoe, and if he finds any, I pry open the crate with a dagger. If he doesn't find any in his search, then I open one of the crates, chosen at random, with a dagger.

Remove ads