• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CSHC) Creamsteak's Home Campaign [IC]

Creamsteak

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]OOC: In no way am I trying to "screw you." I didn't read this correctly. I was actually confused by the Bull Rushing rules I believe since I had just used those and made implications about the relationship between that and attacking into a square occupied by multiple opponents, but I was confusing two things. If you want to go back to the pet thing, I'm still standing by that your orders to heel contradicts him attacking someone. After this round I'm not dealing with anything regarding that anymore. Your pet does whatever you specifically command, if you want to order multiple commands during a round you are free to. However, as an appeasement since you seem so convinced I'm doing this against you I'll work in an attack of opportunity for your dog at the front of this initiative to put an end to it. I'm not doing this because I think it's appropriate. Note that in the future you will need to rely on handle animal to command your pet, the most recent command will always take precedence over any other command.[/sblock]

Attack of Opportunity during the previous "moving into someone elses space" trigger: 14 to hit (11 rolled), does hit since he would have been denied his dexterity bonus yet. The attack deals 5 damage.

In addition the 4 damage originally dealt to Fayden was incorrect, and should have been dealt to Marcellus.

Both of these amounts to enough to put the monk down.

Initiative
Fayden
Spike
Riders
Marcus

You can move into any adjacent space. It's still your turn.

Last edited:

Eldorian

First Post
OOC: Sorry I snapped about the 25% thing. I had no idea where you were getting that and assumed you just made it up.

the most recent command will always take precedence over any other command.

So I am correct in assuming that after an attack command is given, the dog will not make AoOs against known foes other than the specific target of the attack command? Because that command says that the dog attacks apparent enemies, and a specific one you tell it to if able. Are you going to make me give the dog a command to use his trip attack, which is a free action after a successful attack?

I mean, honestly, the dog is an intelligent creature. It is not a zombie that lacks a will. It will do things intelligently, especially if they conform to his instincts, such as defending a pack mate.

Let me get the order of actions right: My turn, I try to run away, provoking either an AoO or readied action from the monk. Still my turn, Spikes makes AoO against my attacker, hits. Spike's turn: he attacks and finishes the monk. Male rider moves, female rider still stuck. My turn: I am entirely free to act, since the foe which grappled me is unconscious. I am not prone, or anything like that.

May I give Spike a command and then delay my action until he carries out the command(I think this one is up the the DM's interpretation of free actions)? Also, are these riders on warhorses or regular horses?

If I can give a command then delay, and these are not warhorses, I give the attack command, specifying the rider who is out of the entangle(not the mount), and then take my action right after Spike goes. If Spike succeeds in dismounting the male rider (trip attack on a mounted character), then I move to the horse and mount it. If Spike does not succeed in dismounting the rider, then I draw my scimitar and move over to the mounted rider.

If I cannot give the command then delay, then I give the command, move next to the horse, and ready an action to mount it if the rider falls off, assuming it is not a warhorse.

If it is a warhorse, I pull out my sling and throw a stone at the rider. If I hit, I order Spike to attack the rider. If I miss, then I order Spike to defend me.

Creamsteak

Explorer
I think I explained this when we were talking yesterday, but you can give a series of actions, the last one taking precedense at the end of the dogs turn (so if the last command was defend (me), then that would be his priority at the end of the turn). This isn't the same as giving a command and then delaying.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Knowledge: You identify that these horses look like farming-stock, but appear very well trained and are not afraid.

Fayden: Your slingstone doesn't hit.
Spike: Stands by you.
Rider: The rider draws and loads a crossbow, moving only 5 ft.
Galatea: Fails to strength check out of the entanglement yet again.

Initiative
Fayden
Spike
Riders

Creamsteak

Explorer
Spike: Spike moves in to attack. He hits! 8 points of damage. The rider looks quite beaten from that attack, but he isn't completely down yet.

Fayden: Readies equipment.

Rider in the Entanglement: Continues to fumble in the brush. She clearly sucks at this.

Rider up front: He makes a 5 ft. adjustment and fires his crossbow, then reloads it. However he doesn't hit anything.

Reinforcements: At the end of the round two additional riders can be spotted through the brush to the south-east. It looks like one has a net readied, and another a loaded light crossbow.

Initiative
Fayden
Spike
Riders
Reinforcements

Creamsteak

Explorer
I enlarged the map size to allow for additional clarity.

attachment.php

Creamsteak

Explorer
Fayden: You swing at the rider and fail to land a damaging blow. (3 rolled)

Spike: Spike continues his attack, but finds his attack doesn't land (5 rolled).

Riders: The closest rider draws his shortsword and attacks, fighting defensively. He does not land a meaningful hit. The female rider is still entangled.

Reinforcements: The reinforcements move their horses through the difficult terrain trying to get closer.

attachment.php

Remove ads