• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CSRHoD) Creamsteak's Red Hand of Doom [IC]

Redclaw

First Post
Larian continues to concentrate on the images as he makes his way carefully across the bridge. Hurry, my friends. I don't know how many more attacks it will take before the beast realizes my deception.
[sblock=ooc] move to L9, maintaining concentration and reacting to attacks. Move the image the hydra attacked further away from it (to the top of the map, next to the other two.)[/sblock]

Pinotage

Explorer
Avril - Human Druid - AC 16 - hp 36/36 - Spot +11 - Listen +11
Scarlet - Riding Dog - AC 22 - hp 30/30 - Spot +5 - Listen +5
Crocodiles - AC 15 - hp 28/28 - Spot +4 - Listen +4

Avril glanced at the fallen form of Warren and then at Siobhan that was standing beside her. "It may require both our strength to heal his bad wounds," she said to Siobhan as she bent down and channeled nature's healing energy into Warren. She watched his eyes open as he regained consciousness. Speaking gently, she said, "The danger is still here, just distracted. We'd better get across that bridge and quickly." She glanced towards the hydra so that Warren could see what she was talking about and then helped the halfling to get feet. "Let's go!" she said as she took Warren's pace and headed back to the bridge. Spirits protect us!

[SBLOCK=OOC]
OOC: The crocodiles pursue and continue to attack the hydra (Bite +8, 1d8+9). How many are there, BTW? Scarlet continues to defend Larian (Handle Animal +12 vs DC 10), moving with him as he moves. Avril casts Cure Moderate Wounds (2d8+5) on Warren and then waits for him to get to his feet, and then joins him in racing across the bridge.

Crocodile, Medium Animal, hp 28, Spd 20 ft. Swim 30 ft., AC 15, Bite +8 melee (1d8+9) or tail slap +8 melee (1d12+9), SA Improved Grab (Bite), SQ Hold Breath, Low-light Vision, Fort +8, Refl +4, Will +2, Str 23, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 1, Wis 12, Cha 2, Hide +7, Listen +4, Spot +4, Swim +14

Spells and Abilities Active:

Summon Nature's Ally III (1d3 Crocodiles, 4 rounds)

Spells Cast and Abilities/Items Used:

Summon Nature's Ally III (Call Lightning)
Cure Moderate Wounds

Spells Prepared:

Level 0 (5): Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Guidance, Naturewatch, Resistance
Level 1 (4): Cure Light Wounds, Enrage Animal, Entangle, Produce Flame
Level 2 (3): Barkskin, Bear's Endurance, Cat's Grace
Level 3 (2):
[/SBLOCK]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Once her dwarven compatriot began to move, Tyrla started forward as well- until the others began to attack, she knew her own bolts wouldn't be enough to bring the creature down. She made her way quickly across the span- just in case there was anything else lurking in the water.

OOC: Delayed- once Gurguannin moves, she will move as well, double move to L7. Once across, she will stay on the walkway, ready to provide covering fire/distraction.

Arkhandus

First Post
Warren the halfling

Once Warren regains consciousness, he'll wait a moment (until after Siobhan's turn), stand up, and move 20 feet to the right, map-wise (east I think), focusing for a moment as he goes to initiate his Child of Shadow stance anew.

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: I think I may be a round behind, with the late action last round- this is for the next round worth of moves, whenever her turn comes up.

IC: Tyrla stayed standing on the walkway, waiting for the others to make their way across the bridge- Warren seemed to be not dead, which was definitely to the good, but the hydra was still far too lively. She kept her hand aimed in the creature's direction, ready to draw upon her arcane resources if that proved necessary.

OOC 2: Ready action to fire an eldritch blast if either Gurguannin moves in to attack, or the hydra turns to attack the party instead of its illusory prey.

DrZombie

First Post
Gurguannin moves away from the hydra, moving N-NW. If it looks as if the hydra keeps on following the Chuuls, he'll back off, if not he'll start firing arrows and moving, to lure the hydra away from his companions.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The first primary thing I've done is roll the Hydra's will saves for the next round (I'm under the assumption that's the main weakness to this plan) but despite hitting it with all of his heads, the Hydra didn't make a single save (low modifier and low rolls) so I'll assume you all can escape from combat and head north from the river a reasonable amount.

Everyone recieves 250 xp for the encounter.

Avril healed Warren for 18 hp. I'm not sure what level of heal Siobhan plans to use.

Now that your back on the road, it's only a little bit more to Vraath Keep.

Take whatever time you want to heal Warren up and make any other quick changes, then I'll assume you continue.

When you continue

Looming out of the shadowy woods ahead is a haunting sight-a ruined keep. The old castle sits on a small rocky hillock, and you can catch glimpes of a broken tower between the trees. A moss-covered stone at the side of the road you're following marks a footpath that looks like it leeds up to the keep.

Jorr points out, "It looks like there's some human-sized tracks and some wolf tracks along the trail. We may have lucked out. Could be the goblins. Now, we can either take this trail, about 5 minutes straight up, or if you think we should stay off it we can go up the hillside, but that'll take four times as long."

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Larian listens intently to Jorr's report, then replies, It might be best to avoid alerting them to our presence before absolutely necessary. We may choose to make a dramatic entrance once we comprehend the extent of our opposition, but for now, let's maintain a low profile.

[sblock=spells]
Spells Prepared
0-Detect Magic, Lesser Acid Orb, Mage Hand, Daze
1-Shocking Grasp, True Srike, Color Spray, Enlarge Person (Trans.)
2-Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray, Invisibility, Bull’s Strength (Trans.)
3-Mass Resist Energy, Fireball, Haste (Trans.)

Spells in effect
Mage Armor--Until 10 hours after we left Drellin's Ferry

Rod of Extend--2 uses left
[/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
The old keep is in very poor repair. The gatehouse is partially collapsed, as is a section of the wall to the south. A small wooden building sits next to the remains of a long-abandoned garden in front of the structure. The walls surrounding the keep are about fifteen feet high, with a two-story tower looming in the southwest corner of the courtyard within. Large boulders lie strewn amid the ruins of the two watch towers, and a massive humanoid skeleton slumps amid the ruins of the northern one. This skeleton still wears tattered fragments of hide armor, and a large club lies next to one of it's bony arms.

Your arriving at roughly five pm. If you have a ration you should probably tick it off about now.

There is a thin plume of smoke rising from the southern section of the keep. Above, a sickly greenish-yellow light flickers inside the second floor of the ruined tower, and the faint sound of eerie moaning can be heard from within.

Remove ads