• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CSRHoD) Creamsteak's Red Hand of Doom [IC]

pathfinderq1

First Post
"My name is T'shar. I found you outside- it looked like they forgot you were there. I think they're still scouting out on the other side of the bridge, but one of them can command animals and birds, so I figured we'd be better out of sight. Those damned humans and their friends- I thought they weren't supposed to know we were coming." She hissed and spat. "Listen, we don't have a lot of time- they might come back and we've got to be ready to move. You've got to tell me what you know about the army's plan. Koth had me out looking for information in the human villages, since I can disguise myself well enough to pass there, but he only told me a little bit in case I got caught. I was supposed to meet him, then head out to join the army to pass on what I learned- but he wasn't there; it looked like there was some kind of a big fight. I only lucked into following this bunch of adventurers here, and I need to know how things stand, so I can figure out what to do next..."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Koth? Koth is at the old human castle south of the bridge. We're just here to hold the bridge. I don't know what's going on. They don't tell me anything, same as you."

His confusion turns into a huge frown and he begins to cry.

"Oh no! NO NO NO NO NO NO! We lost! We lost! We lost! I have to get out of here! I'm as good as dead! They'll kill me for this! They'll kill me! The army will kill me! We failed to hold the bridge!"

"Another platoon should arrive at midnight. I need to get out of here. How long was I knocked out?"

Arkhandus

First Post
Warren stays out of sight nearby, and if the hobgoblin sounds suspicious or seems like he's gonna try and do a runner, Warren will approach with Cloak of Deception and slay him with Sneak Attack + Assassin's Stance + Shadow Blade Technique....

He doesn't like the sound of what the gobbo's sayin', though.... But he'll leave overall plans to the smarter folk.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Creamsteak said:
"Koth? Koth is at the old human castle south of the bridge. We're just here to hold the bridge. I don't know what's going on. They don't tell me anything, same as you."

His confusion turns into a huge frown and he begins to cry.

"Oh no! NO NO NO NO NO NO! We lost! We lost! We lost! I have to get out of here! I'm as good as dead! They'll kill me for this! They'll kill me! The army will kill me! We failed to hold the bridge!"

"Another platoon should arrive at midnight. I need to get out of here. How long was I knocked out?"

"You weren't out for long, I think. The fight didn't last long, and they're still lurking around somewhere- I don't think they know what to do with the bridge. If more troops are coming, we might be able to stop the humans from really being a problem... I'm going to go outside and see if I can see where they are now- we might have to run ahead and warn the troops that are coming. Stay here, I'll be back soon." With that, Tyrla ducked back out of the tent, pretending to move as stealthily as she could. Back away from the tent, she whispered to her friends. "I don't think he knows much, but more troops are supposed to be coming tonight. Should we try more questions or are we done?"

Redclaw

First Post
I have to say I don't like the sound of new troops arriving, but maybe we can get more information about how many to expect, both here and in general. What if you gave him reason to believe that there was a large force of humans coming to hold the bridge? Do you think he might give us an idea of their actual strength? Oh, and see if you can find out the names of any other leaders.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Tyrla headed back into the tent, shaking her head as if she were worried about what she had seen. "They are still out there, over at the other end of the bridge. It looks like that big guy on a horse is giving orders, the one who was over in your camp before. He seems important- was he captured alone, or were there others with him? They might be important too..." She paused for a moment, deep in thought.

"You said another battalion was coming tonight? How many effective troops is that? And when is the rest of the army showing up? If we get some support here quick, we should be able to take the bridge back- but it seems like these humans might just be part of a larger group..."

OOC: I won't be able to post again until probably Wednesday night, due to holiday travel. If she gets reasonable answers, Tyrla will duck back out for another scouting trip- otherwise she'll turn the interrogation over to the brute squad.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The hobgoblin responds to the question. "What? Well his group had a couple spellcasters, and you know the order. We hand all spellcasters over to the hand of doom. They left for some secret hideout, but I don't know nothin 'bout that. That's the business of the warpriests. They split from our warparty about twelve miles south of here, along the dirt road leading into the Wyrmsmokes."

"We should recieve another unit every 12 hours until we move over the bridge with the army. I'm not sure when that'll be now, but it's probably less than a week."

pathfinderq1

First Post
None of that information sounded like good news, and Tyrla thought things through, trying to remember the map they had discovered back at the keep. The potential of troops coming in was probably the worst part- she could imagine that the dragon would be trying to rush those soldiers forward. They had to get this bridge down, or do something else to logjam the advance- they couldn't fight against that kind of odds.

"Who is going to lead this force, now that the dragon is slain? We might have a chance, if the humans are planning a fight on this ground- if we get a strong commander up here soon. And I've got information I need to get to... to the Hand of Doom, and the warpriests. I just wish I knew how to do it. What do you think we should do?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads