• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CSToA) Touch of the Abyss [IC]

Creamsteak

Explorer
Arcs is able to dislodge a few pieces, but not everything.

A ornate religious tapestry worth 300 gp (10 lbs.)
A decorative darkwood staff with a permanent flame on each end worth 800 gp (6 lbs.)
A mysterious decorative floor-rug made from various materials worth 900 gp (30 lbs.)

On the surface sticking out there is also a large decorative wooden holy symbol that once adorned a cathedral of the shield maiden worth 400 gp (100 lbs.).

The holy symbol and the sword are both too deeply embedded for the elemental to move on his own.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Veris has 100gp worth of "mundane gear" listed on the character sheet. I assume that would include a length of rope... but if not, just ignore this post. ;) [/sblock]"Hmm, I think someone will have to go inside the pit if we want to drag out the rest of that treasure." Slisik motioned to Veris' bag - "If the Tiefling has some rope with her, I suggest we tie it around our best swimmer and send them in." The dragonborn had some minor skill in swimming, but he suspected nimble Errol would have an easier time.

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'm fine with you having some rope, although I must admit i gain great amusement from the notion that the party kills the dragon then gets trumped by their lack of a 50 ft. rope.

Nephtys

First Post
ooc: I guess she could have a rope. It seems like a pretty convenient thing to have, even though she can spiderclimb almost everywhere. Ropes can have any number of uses, after all ;).
Wasn't there some coins and jewels in the sand as well?

--

"Ah, that's right. Here you are." Veris digs in her backpack and hands Errol a coil of rope. then she uses a few charges of her wand of Cure Light Wounds to heal the worst of her injuries (enough to get her above 30hps). "We should have something to sift the sand in too, to get all the coins out... It would probably be best if we set up camp here. It's unlikely any of the local beasts would dare enter this valley, and the Dragon was obviously alone. We may as well get some rest while we can."
Not wanting to risk the climb down the sand for herself she heads back towards the dragon. While Tesla takes its teeth she digs out the jewels on its forehead.

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Errol looks around for something to tie the rope to, and pauses to ask Veris, Could you spare a bit of that healing for me, as well? Just in case there's something down there waiting for a foolhardy adventurer to climb into its lair.
He also takes five minutes to exercise, going through a few intricate steps and slashes with his kukri.

[sblock=ooc] changing readied meneuvers [/sblock]

[sblock=maneuvers and stance]Spells Active-Barkskin (+2 nat armor bonus)
Active Stance--Absolute Steel--+10' to move, +2 AC if move more than 10'
Readied Maneuvers--Sudden Leap, Claw at the Moon, Bonecrusher, Steel Wind [/sblock]

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
Invisible Castle is not working for me right now, so why don't we average it. The average of 1d8+1 is 5.5, so it should take 6 charges to bring Veris from 2 to 35 hps (or 32 if we round down). Two charges for Errol should give him 11 (or 10 hps).
Veris' wand is then down 9 charges, with 41 remaining.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Errol is able to uncover the following:

A large decorative wooden holy symbol that once adorned a cathedral of the shield maiden worth 400 gp (50 lbs.)
A strange circular painting damaged by the sand, but potentially valuable if restored worth 700 gp (30 lbs. with frame, 1 lb. rolled up)

+2 Greatsword
Cloak of Elvenkind
Boots of Elvenkind

3,000 silver
650 gold
85 platinum

There's still more, but it will require more work to dig it all out. Perhaps some way to shovel the sand out and sift through it?

Remove ads