• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CSToA) Touch of the Abyss [IC]

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Tesla & Arcs

A small smirk scrolls across her face as she watches the hard stone smash against the dragon. Reaching out with her mind again, she attempts to grab more of the same kind of stone and smash it into the dragon again.
[sblock=OOC]Round 12
Move Action: None
Standard Action: Manifests Telekinetic Thrust on any nearby stalactites and stalagmites for a total of 275 lbs and throws them at the dragon. Range-touch attack +3 (will also use an action point to increase the attack roll) for 1d6 per 25lbs of hard stone. (Max 9d6).
Arcs: Stays close to Tesla and will manifest control air if the dragon attempts to fly away.

Larval Flares (2 remaining): Will attempt to get as close as possible to the dragon to attack. Touch Attack +6 for 1d3 damage and Attach (Once attach they can use their brain sap ability for 1d4 Int damage, +12 Grapple.)[/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
Updated the round above. Veris did exactly enough to bring it to 0, then it bit back and now she's at -8 I believe. I'll wait for the player's to react to that before moving on.

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Damn! I hate dragons! Errol shouts, still gritting his teeth through the pain from the wound on his shoulder. He kicks the creature in frustration and still-undispersed rage. Then he notices Veris' limp form.
Does anybody have any healing left? Veris is down and she looks to be in a bad way! If nobody moves to help, he'll do his best to heal her enough to stabilize, untrained though he is. Heal check (1d20)=16

Dekana

Explorer
Slisik shook off his rage once the dragon fell to the ground. He just barely recognized Errol's words as he came back to his senses... "Veris .. down... bad way..." Luckily, Slisik had noticed (somewhat jealously) the pair of healing wands that the Tiefling kept at her side.

"I'm sure the lady will not be missing this...", he said to the unconscious woman as he took a Wand of Cure Light Wounds from her. He tapped her with the wand, and with a single word, some of Veris' more serious wounds closed up. (Wand of Cure Light Wounds (1d8+5=10))

Creamsteak

Explorer
That will stabilize and heal her to 2 hit points I believe.

The creature has 4 yellow topaz embedded in its forehead worth 300 gp each.

Dekana

Explorer
Slisik helped Veris to her feet, and handed the wand back to her. Although the gems embedded in the dragon's face looked valuable to be sure, Slisik was more interested in the creature's hoard. He walked to the edge of the sand pit, careful not to slip in.

ooc: check to survey the treasures: Perception (1d20+11=22). He'll take a 20 after a minute or so if no one is still in any danger)

Creamsteak

Explorer
The pit is rather steep and the black sand doesn't provide very good footing. From a safe range you can make out that there's a large sword and a number of coins intermixxed with the sand. There's also some kind of wooden plate and some kind of darkwood stick.

Nephtys

First Post
"I... I killed it?" Veris smiles faintly, pale from blood-loss and chock. "...And you didn't leave me to die? Thank you." she smiles again at Errol and Slisik, this time with a bit of coyness. "I didn't know you cared."
She rises shakily, still a bit frightened by how closely she had come to her death, and almost blasts the dragon once again before stopping herself. "No, that crazed creature will be a valuable trophy. We should carry its head as our banner on our way back to civilization. It should deterr lesser creatures from our path, if we still have the strength to carry it along with all our treasure."
She follows Slisik to the pit. "Does anyone have a rope? I don't think I could spiderclimb on sand."

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Errol smiles at the warlock's revival. It's sheer practicality, I assure you. My chances at survival are heightened by having one of your talents at my back. As for the rope, I am afraid that I am without, but if we find one, I would be happy to make the descent.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Tesla & Arcs

"No need for rope." She replies as she makes her towards the fallen creature. "Arcs, be pal and fly over there and gather what you can. Be sure not to actually land in the pit." She says to her little friend as he flies past her towards the sand pit. Making sure not to come into contact with the sand, he gathers what ever horde he can and places them into a pile on solid earth. Meanwhile, Tesla with a small knife begins to grosly remove many of the dragons teeth. "I told you I would wear your teeth as a head dress..." She mumbles.

Remove ads