• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CSToA) Touch of the Abyss [IC]

Redclaw

First Post
Errol, Warblade 6, HP 7?/56, AC 27, Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +2

Still ducking and weaving as he goes, Larian makes his way to the edge of the crags, approaching Slisik and his snake. He spares the time for a brief grin, half hidden in a grimace of pain, and says, Remind me never to let a dragon chew on me again, huh?
[sblock=ooc] Move to S7, still totally on the defensive.[/sblock]
[sblock=Maneuvers and stance] Active Stance--Absolute Steel--+10' to move, +2 AC if move more than 10'
Readied Maneuvers--Sudden Leap, Claw at the Moon, Bonecrusher, Iron Heart Surge [/sblock]

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Tesla & Arcs

Still delaying the manifestation of her power, Arcs and herself move closer towards the raging beast so she can get a clear shot. Arcs be ready with another one of your powers, we might need it.

OOC: Moves to S(12)
I take it that angled squares measured 5ft then 10ft then 15ft?

Nephtys

First Post
Veris frowns. Until this point she had been almost completely ineffectual in the fight, and it didn't seem like that would change any time soon. The only way to make a real contribution to the battle would be if she left her safe position and walked closer to the dragon. Doing that would take time and before she would be in position the beast might move once again, even attacking her while she's exposed in the middle of the crater or climbing the sides of the cliff, and even then her blasts would not amount to much. No, all she could do was maintain her focus on the swarm and hope it would get in a few lucky bites, if it hit the dragon even once the bleeding would kill it in time.

ooc: Maintaining concentration on the Swarm.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Errol: You take 6 points of falling damage.

Initiatives - Round 7
Tesla 28
Slisik 28
Veris 28
Alazphraxion 28
Errol 27

Tesla: Tesla moves while still ready with his spell.

Slisik: Still ready and moves as well. The hippogriff's attacks don't hurt the dragon.

Veris: Concentrates on the Bat Swarm. The bats fail to harm the dragon.

Alazphraxion: As amazingly boring as it is, the dragon rolls a natural 1 on his save against the bats and is nauseated. He moves out of the swarm.

Errol: Errol switches his position.

(If possible tomorrow post two rounds of actions because I think the poor dragon's stuck full attacking the hippogriff next round.)

Dekana

Explorer
Slisik - Druid/Barbarian - HP: 44/44 - AC: 16 - Fort: 8, Ref: 2, Will: 7
Sasthil - Snake - HP: 21/21 - AC: 19 - Fort: 3, Ref: 7, Will: 3
1 Hippogriff - Large Magical Beast - HP: 25 - AC: 16 - Fort: 6, Ref: 5, Will: 2

While the dragon was occupied with the unlucky hippogriff, Slisik used the lull in combat to tend to the wounded. In between casting healing spells on Errol, the dragonborn once again switched weapons. The human has been attacking the dragon with his blade, so perhaps I can follow him to get some use with my own...

[sblock=ooc]First round: Slisik casts Cure Light Wounds on Errol for 1d8+5, then sheathes his longbow.
Second round: Slisik draws his +1 Greatsword (again), and repeats the casting of CLW again. Sasthil does nothing, because he's certainly not about to scale the cliff and attack the dragon on his own, lol.

(after both turns)
Spells Active
Call Lightning - 45 rounds or 4 more bolts (centered at K11)
Bull's Strength - 45 rounds
Summon Nature's Ally III - 2 rounds (spell presumably ended because the 'griff will be dead)

Spells Prepared:
0 (5): Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Light, Read Magic
1 (4): Entangle, Faerie Fire
2 (3): Barkskin, Summon Swarm[/sblock]

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Tesla & Arcs

OOC: Let me know if you need the stats for the Larval Flayers

She quickly moves across the cavern floor all the while hoping that the blasted beast stay right were it is. Arcs trails right behind her ready to lend whatever assistance he can.
Arcs, when I unleash this power I want you to quickly fly straight up and blast that think with some lighting and then come right back! I don’t need you being a hero. [Sblock=Round 8 & 9 Actions]Round 8
Move Action: Move to U(7)
Standard Action: Completes the manifestation of her power (Summon Larval Flayer (Aug: +2pp)) right on the dragon.
Arcs: Flies straight above Tesla and tries to get LoS on the dragon. He then casts Energy Ray (Lightening) Range Touch +5 for 3d6

Round 9 (If Tesla does have LoS from U(7))
Standard Action: Manifest Tele. Thrust any nearby stalactites and stalagmites for a total of 275 lbs and throws them at the dragon. Range-touch attack +3 for 1d6 per 25lbs of hard stone. (Max 9d6).
Move Action: Moves to V(7) after casting for some cover
Arcs: Flies back down and stays close to Tesla

Round 9 (If Tesla does not have LoS from U(7))
Move Action: Moves to V(7) for some cover
Delayed Standard Action: Manifest Tele. Thrust any nearby stalactites and stalagmites for a total of 275 lbs and throws them at the dragon when it comes within view. Range-touch attack +3 for 1d6 per 25lbs of hard stone. (Max 9d6).
Arcs: Flies back down and stays close to Tesla[/sblock]

Buff Round: -8 (36/44) -- Inertial Armor & Force Screen
Round 1: -6 (30/44) -- Energy Bolt (Electricity) + Paraelemental Power (Ooze)
Round 2: -6 (24/44) -- Energy Bolt (Electricity)
Round 3 – 7: 0 (24/44) -- Nothing
Round 8: -5 (19/44) – Larval Flayers
Round 9: -6 (13/44) -- Tele. Thrust

Nephtys

First Post
Veris sighs, gets up from her seat, and begins the long walk towards the dragon while still maintaining her concentration on the Swarm and directing it to attack the dragon again.

(In two rounds she can walk 50 feet, so after that she should be able to blast away again)

Redclaw

First Post
Errol, Warblade 6, HP 1/56, AC 21, Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +2

Once again, you have my thanks, druid. Errol says as he feels the healing touch of the dragonborn.

Round 8--With a moment's rest Errol refocuses, recovering the use of his bonecrushing strike. He ends this moment of focus with an elaborate series of vicious looking cuts with his twin kukri. (Recover lost expended maneuvers)

Round 9--If the dragon is on or near the ground, move up and use Bonecrusher again (+11, 1d4+4 and 4d6, DC 14 fort save or crits against receive +10 bonus).
--If the dragon is not on or near the ground Errol will continue to stay near the edge of the crags, moving 10' to keep his AC up and readying to use Bonecrusher if the dragon comes in striking range.

[sblock=maneuvers and stance]Active Stance--Absolute Steel--+10' to move, +2 AC if move more than 10'
Readied Maneuvers--Sudden Leap, Claw at the Moon, Bonecrusher, Iron Heart Surge [/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
Initiatives Round 8
Tesla 28
Slisik 28
Veris 28
Alazphraxion 28
Errol 27

Tesla: Tesla readies to finish his spell and gives his minion a command. He moves a bit closer. (I don't see how you're going to suddenly manifest the power on him out of line of sight and including the increased distance from height, and movement to U7 is 35 ft. of movement. You still couldn't manifest on the dragon from there because the target is out of line of sight.) Arcs lightning deals 9 damage.

Slisik: Heals Errol for 11 and stores longbow. The hippogriff charges after the dragon, incurring an attack and taking 12 damage. The hippogriffs attack bounces off.

Veris: Moves. The swarm approaches the dragon.

Alazphraxion: Rolls a 2 on his save vs. swarm, but still succeeds. Fullattacks the Hippogriff for now. Total damage is 48.

Errol: Refocuses his abilities.

Initiatives Round 9
Tesla 28
Slisik 28
Veris 28
Alazphraxion 28
Errol 27

Tesla: Still ready. Arcs returns.

Slisik: Heals Errol for 8 and stores longbow.

Veris: Moves. The swarm chomps some more but still fails to deal damage.

Alazphraxion: Saves vs. swarm, then takes flight to the west, after making a half-circle he uses his breath weapon on the swarm. The damage is 21 fire and the swarm fails its save.

Errol: Moves 10 feet to keep his momentum going.

"You are the MOST annoying group to happen in here in a while. I'm going to break each of you over these crags. How many more vermin, birds, and wisps do you intend to send? How many more of your weak attacks are you going to attempt? You should have taken my first offer, for both our sakes. Now I'm both angry and hungry."

attachment.php

Hopefully next round we can get back to something more normal. :p

Attachments

• Untitled0.gif
    Untitled0.gif
    45 KB · Views: 104

Remove ads