• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CSToA) Touch of the Abyss [IC]

Redclaw

First Post
Errol, Warblade 6, HP 7/56, AC 19, Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +2

Errol staggers back a step, singed and bleeding. Despite the tenuous hold he maintains on consciousness he smiles grimly at the dragon, reverses his kukri and holds it so that the back of the blade runs along his forearm and says, Ready to give up yet?
[sblock=ooc] Not much I can do, but at least I can die with dignity. :cool:
5' step to Y8 (if I can up on the cliff), and hope the hippogriffs distract him enough for me to run and hide. [/sblock]
[sblock=maneuvers and stance] Active Stance--Blood in the Water--each successful crit gives a +1 bonus to attack and damage
Readied Maneuvers--Sudden Leap, Claw at the Moon, Bonecrusher, Iron Heart Surge [/sblock]

Last edited:

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Tesla & Arcs

With the hippogriffs flying in to confront the dragon Tesla mentally whispers to Arcs to stop with his spell. “I would that it was stopped closer to us, but alas beggers cannot be choosers.” With her spell ready to go, she activates her psionic necklace and floats into the air. Once the dragon comes with in view she releases the psionic energy within her.
[sblock=OOC]Not too sure if I want to do is possible within the given round so I will just list my desired effect and you can tell me what actually happens and when.

Since the power from last round (round 5) didn’t manifest (Tele. Thrust) she was going to begin manifesting it anyway and hold off on actually releasing it until she can get a clear shot. Next round (round 6) I was hoping she could use her psionic necklace to levitate up and when the dragon comes into view release her manifested power. I have heard of something like this working with arcane powers but not too sure if it works with psionic. Ultimately whatever you decide is fine by me.

Quick question on whether or not Tesla’s summon of the Larval Flayers was successful in that they are direct contact with the dragon?[/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
You declare the target when they appear, so the dragon isn't a legitimate target anymore. If you still want to finish the spell and allow them to appear somewhere in range that's fine.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
She move to M(13) and delay manifesting her power until the dragon comes into range. (If possible) If can take a double move and delay manifesting her power she will then move to S(13)

Nephtys

First Post
Veris sits down on a nearby rock, leaning her back to the cliff. The Dragon was too far away for her blast to reach it, but she had one more trick up her sleave (whatever good it would do against a foe like this) Ripping down the walls between dimensions she summons a swarm of bats above the crater and directs them to attack the dragon.

ooc: Summon Swarm (Bat) 40ft away, it flies 40ft and hopefully reaches the dragon the same round.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Initiatives - Round 6
Tesla 28
Slisik 28
Veris 28
Alazphraxion 28
Errol 27

Tesla: Tesla concentrates on his working spell and adjusts his position, ready to attack the dragon should it reveal itself.

Slisik: The summons is completed and the Hippogriffs move on the dragon. One of the griffs is slowed by the winds, but the other two successfully move forward. The dragon takes his attack of opportunity against one of the approaching griffs dealing 10 damage. Neither griff lands a good hit. Slisik then readies his bow.

Veris: Veris summons a swarm of bats that head towards the dragon. He can't quickly counter-attack this time, so they get into range. (I assume they would engulf his space ideally). The bites fail to do damage through the creature's damage reduction.

Alazphraxion: The dragon makes his saving throw against the swarm. Unable to properly fight against the swarm, he opts to make his full attack against his various other opponents first. The wounded hippogriff is targetted first, and it suffers a critical bite for over 30 damage killing it. The dragon then turns to the second griff and strikes with both claws and both wings, taking all four other attacks before it drops (31 damage total).

Errol: Errol takes a step and readies (I assume) hoping that sometime on the next round he can make a break for it if the dragon gets another griff in the face. The dragon responds to his taunt, "You would be wise to jump off the cliff now, human."

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled0.gif
    Untitled0.gif
    40.7 KB · Views: 160

Redclaw

First Post
Errol, Warblade 6, HP 7/56, AC 19(27 after move), Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +2

Shaking his head in disbelief that he is going to listen to the dragon that has so completely mauled him, Errol ducks and weaves his way to the edge of the rock wall and jumps down, using his acrobatic skills to minimize the negative effect of the fall.

[sblock=ooc] Shift stance, then tumble check to get away from the dragon (1d20+11) =14 . Ouch. There goes another action point (1d6)=5 for a 19 total.
move to W8 and drop down. Jump check (1d20+9)=16 is a success without an action point, luckily. -10' of falling height.
tumble check on the landing (1d20+11)=25 (finally a good roll) is also a success, another -10' of falling height.
Thus he lands after effectively falling only 20', and spends his standard action, if he's still conscious, going total defense (which gives him +6 to AC thanks to dodge) [/sblock]
[sblock=maneuvers and stance]
Active Stance--Absolute Steel--+10' to move, +2 AC if move more than 10'
Readied Maneuvers--Sudden Leap, Claw at the Moon, Bonecrusher, Iron Heart Surge [/sblock]

OOC-Sorry, I forgot I had a move and then a turn. I'll post next round's actions tomorrow morning.

Dekana

Explorer
I don't suppose it will make too much of a difference, but Tesla had Arcs end his control winds spell before my action, so the third hippogriff shouldn't have been checked.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Dekana said:
I don't suppose it will make too much of a difference, but Tesla had Arcs end his control winds spell before my action, so the third hippogriff shouldn't have been checked.

That would change things. The third griff can get into range, but Errol is guaranteed to provoke the attack of opportunity now.

Dekana

Explorer
Ahh, ok. It'd be better for Errol not to get eaten, since the griffs were really there to serve as a distraction in the first place.

Slisik - Druid/Barbarian - HP: 44/44 - AC: 16 - Fort: 8, Ref: 2, Will: 7
Sasthil - Snake - HP: 21/21 - AC: 19 - Fort: 3, Ref: 7, Will: 3
1 Hippogriff - Large Magical Beast - HP: 25 - AC: 16 - Fort: 6, Ref: 5, Will: 2

Slisik had trouble seeing what was going on at the top of the cliff. His summoned hippogriffs flew off to attack, several loud squawks and terrible crunching noises were heard, then finally a human figure jumped off the cliff. "Errol! Hang in there!" he shouted toward his comrade. Slisik, animal companion at his side, rushed towards his companion eager to close his wounds... unfortunately, the druid's more powerful curing spells had already been expended. Let's hope the Warblade can survive long enough for our casters to bring the beast down... he thought as he scanned the sky for the dragon, longbow at the ready.

[sblock=ooc]Slisik moves to T8, ready action to fire an arrow at the dragon if it comes in range (not that an arrow will do much, but Slisik doesn't know that). Sasthil has to double move to keep up (20' speed sucks!), and goes to T9.
Longbow: Atk +5, Dmg 1d8

Spells Active
Call Lightning - 47 rounds or 4 more bolts (centered at K11)
Bull's Strength - 47 rounds
Summon Nature's Ally III - 4 rounds

Spells Prepared:
0 (5): Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Light, Read Magic
1 (4): Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Faerie Fire
2 (3): Barkskin, Summon Swarm[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads