• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CTHULLU/ILSENSIE Boss Fight

vilani

First Post
Hi all,

I am running a 5e version of the 2e Ilthiad adventure path (3 adventures - a darkness gathering, eternal night, and the dawn of the Overmind). A couple of the final battles (or big-ticket battles) involves fighting Maanzacorin (basically Cthulhu) and a giant mind-flayer worm.

Does any 4e expert know of a tactical encounter from a 4e product that involved something along these lines I can lift the battle map from - including the terrain and potentially monster tactics?

Wanted to make these fights memorable so will be using a grid instead of mind-theatre.

Thanks in advance.

dave2008

Legend
Hi all,

I am running a 5e version of the 2e Ilthiad adventure path (3 adventures - a darkness gathering, eternal night, and the dawn of the Overmind). A couple of the final battles (or big-ticket battles) involves fighting Maanzacorin (basically Cthulhu) and a giant mind-flayer worm.

Does any 4e expert know of a tactical encounter from a 4e product that involved something along these lines I can lift the battle map from - including the terrain and potentially monster tactics?

Wanted to make these fights memorable so will be using a grid instead of mind-theatre.

Thanks in advance.

I am no expert - but I think anyone would need more information about the environment to determine what you are looking for (if they are not familiar with the adventure you are using - which I am not). Also, battle maps are readily available for 3e and 5e adventures as well, no need to limit to 4e maps I would think.

Finally, I think you will get more responses if you post on the 5e forum.

I would look at the 4e Living Forgotten Relams later EPIC tier adventures. Many of the maps are the 4e poster maps, and many of the bosses are pretty epic.

You're not going to find a direct correlation to Maanzacorin but you should still get some ideas.

http://livingforgottenrealms.com/

Ctrl-F for 'EPIC' and look at EPIC5-1, 5-2, 5-3, and 6-1

Actually now that I think about it, EPIC4-2 has three pretty decent boss fights in it. (Full disclosure, I wrote one of them.)

Remove ads