• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cthulu? Wtf..?

radferth

First Post
WayneLigon said:
Another book you might like is Nevermore by William Hjortsberg

From Amazon:
Harry Houdini and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle join forces in this historical mystery with occult overtones. In his later years, Doyle has become a true believer in mediums who speak with the spirits of the dead. Houdini, as a master of illusion, takes pride in exposing and debunking such fraudulent people. Despite their opposing views, a mutual interest in the occult draws them together in a respectful friendship. When murders patterned after the tales of Edgar Allan Poe begin to occur, Houdini and Doyle are as fascinated as the rest of the citizens of New York.

For what it's worth (is FWIW a recognized board acronym?), I remember reading somewhere that Houdini wanted to believe in spiritualism and mediums, but never encounter one he count not see through. Kind of like how seeing various Making Of specials ruined Return of the Jedi for me. Oddly enough, it didn't happen with LotR movies, I guess giant models of Tolkien castles are just innately cool.

Numion

First Post
Good thing about Call of Cthulhu RPG is that it's d20. The rules fit the game very well, but it's not surprising since that part was written by Monte Cook. As an added bonus the nasties can be used in ordinary D&D! Your players will sure like it :]

RuneQuest rules version was a bit clunky in my opinion.

StupidSmurf

First Post
radferth said:
For what it's worth (is FWIW a recognized board acronym?), I remember reading somewhere that Houdini wanted to believe in spiritualism and mediums, but never encounter one he count not see through. Kind of like how seeing various Making Of specials ruined Return of the Jedi for me. Oddly enough, it didn't happen with LotR movies, I guess giant models of Tolkien castles are just innately cool.

FWIW is indeed a recognized board acronym. :)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Aulayan said:
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

Actually, in MY house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming. And let me tell you, if he doesn't get his squamous green butt of the couch and help with the dishes, I'm going to be plenty peeved.

Len

Prodigal Member
Piratecat said:
Actually, in MY house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming. And let me tell you, if he doesn't get his squamous green butt of the couch and help with the dishes, I'm going to be plenty peeved.
Apparently you've got the whole Cthulhu family camped out at your place.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Not to mention Proty - doesn't he stay camped inside the Piratecat Household when Agar leaves? :) So there's Big C, the Kid, and even a pet - it's a wonder he has time to clean up, much less time to go insane!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads