• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Cultures & Cantrips

Strider1973

Explorer
Hi everybody, I really enjoy Cantrips, particularly those not directly related to combat. In the Origins Playtest Document, many Cultures (e.g. Cosmopolitan, of Hill Dwarf) gave the characters free access to some Cantrips, just like Presitdigitation or Friends.
I'd like to know, if I can ask for this, if these features have been included in the final versions of the game, since I liked it a lot, and I found them to be very flavourful, I find them to be another tool to give characters some more customization and diversity.
Thank you very much, happy life, happy gaming and take care!

Scanning for cantrips in the Origins chapter in the updated v2a pdf, I pulled up:

HERITAGE TRAITS AND GIFTS
Gnome: minor illusion
Orc (optional gift): resistance
Aasimar: guidance
Tiefling: produce flame

CULTURES
Deep Dwarf: resistance
Dragonbound: choose from cleric or wizard; and a second that depends on dragon type
Eladrin: select from table
Godbound: any cleric, druid, or herald cantrip
High Elf: your choice
Hill Dwarf: friends
Mustbairn Halfling: druidcraft
Shadow Elf: either dancing lights or minor illusion

EDIT: cleaned up to improve readability

Strider1973

Explorer
Great, thank you so much, Satirical Bard! I'm so excited about this game: as soon as I can I'm going to buy the physical books. It's definetely a project that I'll try to support!

Remove ads