Curse of House Thimbrall (orsal judging)

orsal

LEW Judge
handwaving the end

Gerald, hearing the others discuss going after Xyran, shakes his head. "That's a fool's errand. The zombies you killed at the Thimbrall estate -- they're nothing like the kind of undead creatures he has guarding his own stronghold. You'll all be killed, and then Xyran will turn you into his guards too. He sent his apprentice to cover the Thimbrall business because he has a lot of other stuff to do, but if his own life were in danger he'd pull out all the stops. Besides, I don't want anything more to do with him. I'm going to split. The farther from him I stay, the less likely he is to be able to catch me."

OOC: I'm trying to set this up as "unfinished business". If in character you'd like to hunt down Xyran, at least you should decide you're not ready for it. Gerald can tell you exactly where his stronghold is, and this can be an adventure hook waiting for whenever your characters feel sufficiently experienced for the task -- which, by the magic of metagaming, will happen exactly when I (or another DM) has enough of the adventure mapped out and enough time to run it. Meantime, you can all (minus Keth, of course) return to the Red Dragon Inn, go on a few more adventures, tell the buddies you meet there about this BBEG on your mind, and maybe get some of them interested in the job too.

Erekose13

Explorer
We should get the items identified. But I really dont think we should sell the magic items just to meet the bottom line. If ao'Thuir has any he'll give them over to who ever wants them. From my other adventures here, it would suck to have to give up an item just cause its slightly more than the even split. Lets find out what everything is worth, then see how it divides up.

El Jefe

First Post
orsal said:
"That's a fool's errand. The zombies you killed at the Thimbrall estate -- they're nothing like the kind of undead creatures he has guarding his own stronghold. You'll all be killed, and then Xyran will turn you into his guards too. He sent his apprentice to cover the Thimbrall business because he has a lot of other stuff to do, but if his own life were in danger he'd pull out all the stops."
"This isn't my fight", thought Boog. "There are quicker ways to sharpen the powers of the mind than to destroy mindless creatures." He stretched and shook out his tired bones. "Well, I've accomplished what I set out to do", he announced to his comrades. "The curse is off Thimbral, Xyran's thugs and creatures are dead, at least the ones we care about, and we've got enough loot between us to live as we please. Maybe someday I'll settle our score with Xyran, but for now I'm satisfied with heading over to the Red Dragon Inn and sampling the ale."

fuzzy

First Post
Oh. Those were way weaker than the creatures Xyran uses? Let's save doing the creep in for when we could actually win. Say, can anyone here do an identification spell on the magic sword? It's about all I'm interested in out of this stuff.

OOC: I'll take the sword and call that my share, unless of course the shares work out to more than 1007.5 gp each. I assume its a +1 longsword. And yes, Gerald should get a share. A attack on Xyran would be nice as an adventure, but if he's remotely strong entough to make highend undead himself, we'll need quite a few levels.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Ridik doesn't care much for any of the items, except the books, which he would gladly bring them to Russna's monastery to fill up a bit more the library. I have no idea of what they worth, but if they worth something, I don't care to pay for them.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Kamdar smiles, "Ah, a break. Sounds nice."

ooc: If the cloak is a Cloak of Resistance +1, I'm interested in that. I do think we should get everything identified. Will my +4 Appraise help? :uhoh:

Erekose13

Explorer
Orsal, can we get the items appraised and identified. Then we can decide what we are going to do with all of them.

Hopefully ao'Thuir can afford a masterword sword. It's really wierd to see a 3rd level character with only 88gp to his name.

orsal

LEW Judge
Gerald agrees to cast identify on the cloak and the fancy sword the following day, with the cost of the material components (200 GP for 2 castings) coming out of the loot. (That's already more than the coin). He reports, "The sword is crafted to be slightly better than a mundane weapon and hitting its target, and to hurt a bit more than a normal weapon. The cloak will fortify anyone wearing it against poison, magical attacks, panic-inducing fear, magical efforts at mind control, and a range of similar hazards." (OOC: +1 longsword, +1 cloak of resistance)

Kamdar examines all the loot and decides, to the best of his abilities, that the special items are valued as follows.
buckle: 50 GP
necklace: 75 GP
"An Annotated History of House Thimbrall" book: too esoteric for him to say
assorted books of lesser interest/value: total 55 SP

In addition, simple investigation will establish market prices for the generic items.

+1 longsword of House Thimbrall: 2315 GP
+1 cloak of resistance: 1000 GP
110 arrows: 5.5x1 = 5.5 GP
5 suits of leather armour: 5x10 = 50 GP
5 shortswords: 5x10 = 50 GP

Assuming that is correct, the total is 3551 GP, which could all be sold for 1775.5 GP. The party has a collective debt of 62 GP to cover the identify spells. So each character's proper share is (1775.5-62)/8 = 216.7 GP. Now figure out how you're going to handle the items that people actually want... (And what are you going to do with the Annotated History of House Thimbrall?)

El Jefe

First Post
As long as Boog gets about 216 gp, he's quite happy. He also thinks the book should go to Hamlir, since it's probably worth more to him than to anyone else alive. For that matter, he might even part with some coin for its return in good condition.

Erekose13

Explorer
looks like there isnt much coin. while i'd prefer not to have to liquidate the magic items, its the only way that we are gonna have enough for even a pot of cure light wounds. my vote has changed to liquidate it all, unless someone has their own cash to buy out the cloak (500gp) or sword (1150gp) at half price.

Remove ads