D&D General Curse of Strahd Pre-painted Minis Set

WizKids has a Legends of Barovia set of 7 plastic prepainted minis available for pre-order.

WizKids has a Legends of Barovia set of 7 plastic prepainted minis available for pre-order. In the box you get:
  • Strahd von Zarovich
  • Madam Eva
  • Rudolph van Richten
  • Ezmerlda d’Avenir
  • Pidlwick II
  • Baba Lysaga
  • Mongrelfolk

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 1.35.12 PM.png

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
The super expensive Curse of Strahd collectors edition from Beadle and Grimm seems like it comes with five finger puppets. And one of the finger puppets is Strahd himself.

So the joke was: every time you encounter/fight Strahd, you use the finger puppets to represent him every single time.

Ah, right, gotcha.

Baba Lysaga is a new character added to the last edition. Do you think this is a sign of a retcon of the setting?

And Innistrad (Magic: the Gathering) as a new setting for D&D as Theros and Ranivca?

Weiley31

Legend
Baba Lysaga is a new character added to the last edition. Do you think this is a sign of a retcon of the setting?

And Innistrad (Magic: the Gathering) as a new setting for D&D as Theros and Ranivca?
Not sure about Innistrad. IIRC, the Innistrad Planescape Guide actually gave tips on converting it/Ravensloft as the same thing. nothing super major though so don't expect an overhaul.

ccs

41st lv DM
Only do I think Ravenloft is coming back? I miss the demiplane of the dread very much. Will we see any change? for example added new domains and dark lords, or undead soldiers with XX century firearms (have you seen the 2002 horror movie "Deathwatch"?), or dark powers causing troubles in other worlds (like the evil twin of "twighligh zone"). Ravenloft is perfect for fans of American Horror Story.
Your overthinking it. This is a tie in to the overpriced collectors editions of CoS thatre coming.

plisnithus8

Adventurer
There's a 2nd set as well:
PRE-ORDER - D&D Icons of the Realms: Curse of Strahd: Covens & Covenants

This box set includes:*
  • Morgantha
  • Bella Sunbane
  • Offalia Wormwiggle
  • The Abbot
  • Vasilka
  • Thorn
  • Rose

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 1.35.04 PM.png

The Abbot and Visilka are weird looking. I guess the hags are okay. I do love the Death House kids, though but find it difficult to pay $40 just for them.

BUT why are there 2 sets of figures without core NPCs such as Ismark, Ireena, Izek Strazni, or any of the wereravens?

Chaderick

Explorer
BUT why are there 2 sets of figures without core NPCs such as Ismark, Ireena, Izek Strazni, or any of the wereravens?

One more time for the people in the cheap seats.

Why indeed?

Considering Curse of Strahd was the first major release that got a Monster Menagerie instead of a formal minis release...this is a bit late and full of odd choices...

Chaderick

Explorer
It is to go with the $99 boxed set I presume.

Naturally, but wouldn't it have been better to have these the first time around, like every other primary release? And, as mentioned above, now they are being released as key NPCs but missing the canonical NPCs who have been part of this adventure since the mid-80s. It's still strange.

I mean, don't get me wrong. This Van Richten totally redeems them for the Rowdy Rudy Van Richten pre-painted mini that came out in...was it War of the Dragon Queen? Somewhere in that time frame. That was an abomination. But, there are some key faces missing. Like IREENA KOLYANA...

Remove ads

Remove ads