D&D 5E Curse of Strahd 'Revamped' Boxed Collector's Edition

If you're in the market for a revamped (geddit?) edition of Curse of Strahd (which is my favourite of all the D&D adventures so far) in a coffin-shaped box with additional material, you're in luck!

cos_box.png

This boxed set is coming out in October and costs $99.99.

There's a whole bunch of stuff included:
  • Updated softcover of the adventure itself, including errata and presumably some of the other adjustments to Vistani talked about recently.
  • A short 20-book of monsters called Creatures of Horror.
  • Double sided poster map of Barovia and Castle Ravenloft.
  • A Tarokka deck and 8-page booklet.
  • Handouts for players.
  • A dozen 'postcards' from Barovia.
  • A DMs Screen.
Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 7.37.59 PM.png

Updates to the original adventure include errata, minor tweaks, and sections of text which have been identified as problematic regarding the Vistani.

IGN has a video looking inside the box.

Last edited:

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Nice, beadle is getting quicker on creating their boxes...they’ll have the Frostmaiden and Curse out close to each other.....glad to see they are doing well!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Yeah, we've got one more product to go. I think the guess that the Vistani will feature into the new Xanathar's book, possibly by it being a planes travelling-themed book, is a pretty good bet. (Next question, in that case: Do they make the Vistani playable?)

Weiley31

Legend
I hope that these two box sets don't count as the "two" Vistani products alluded to. I'll be very upset if they consider two different premium boxes of the same 2016 module as those new products.
I'd be plenty upset if I didn't get a PC option to play as 4E Planar traveling Vistani. So it better not!

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
When talking about their own future releases, Wizards has never considered licensed products as part of the discussion before. It's unlikely they are doing so now.

This. Beadle & Grimm products are cool and all, but they're not for the vast majority of D&D players. Time-exclusivity sucks. I don't doubt the value contained in those boxes, just the ••••ery involved with not selling the products beyond a certain quantity.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases