• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Curse of the Azure Bonds [Forgotten Realms] 4e

Wee Jas

First Post
(Obviously, my players, if you are reading this GTFO)

I'm running a Curse of the Azure Bonds storyline for my new campaign. PCs have 5 magical symbol tattoos that make them do bad things. You need to kill the owner of the symbol to remove it. When all 5 symbols are gone the PCs are free.

My players awake to find they are barred (From the inside) in a throne room to notice the slain body of a nobleman and strange magical tatoos have been added to their arms.

They must defeat an invading force occupying the keep and will find out in the ensuing battles that the PCs have let the force in and slew the nobleman! A skill challenge will decide how convinced the remaining inhabitants are the PCs were under magical control. (I'll post my adventure up when I'm done).

In the original game...

The five symbols on the party's arms are arranged in the following order top to bottom:

• Symbol of Moander: A hand with a mouth in its palm.
  • Symbol of the Fire Knives: A knife surrounded by flame.
  • Symbol of Dracandros: An inverse arc with a sort of "plus sign" above it. This symbol bears a similarity to Elminster's symbol.
  • Symbol of Tyranthraxus: An ornate, inverse flame with the letter "T" written in Dethek in it.
  • Symbol of Zhentil Keep: A letter "Z" surrounded by a circle and the circle surrounded by a triangle pointing downward.

Now, I need to update the list....

I know I'm running the first FR 4e adventure (Scepter Tower of Spellgard) so replacing the fire knives symbol will be...
1. Symbol of Thoran - Scepter Tower (Spellguard)

This works perfectly into the adventure as they will learn something about the next symbols owner upon finishing the module.

2. - TBD
3. - TBD
4. - TBD
5. - TBD

Here is where you come in! Give me some ideas for new symbol owners! My pcs will probably be tied up with owner#1 until 5-6th level mind you!

I'll probably keep 1-2 of the originals too for flavor. Whats azure bonds without our friend Tyranthraxus anyway?

Attachments

• CurseOTAB-Intro.png
    CurseOTAB-Intro.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 292

ferratus

Adventurer
If I was doing it, I'd choose:

Garagos the Reaver (replaces Moander) - A former god of war who was defeated by Tempus, the current god of war. He was all about whirling dervish fighting, with 4 arms to slice people to bits. Garagos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arklem Greeth and the Arcane Brotherhood of Luskan (replaces Zhentil Keep) - A powerful archmage in the city of Luskan, and the nemesis of the Harpers of Silverymoon. http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Arcane_Brotherhood

The Dodkong (replaces Dracandaros) - A Stone Giant Lich and ruler of the underdark city of Cairnheim. Dodkong

Casin Cu Calas (replaces the Fire Knives) - A vigilante brotherhood of humans, elves and dwarves who want to eradicate the settled orcish Kingdom of Many Arrows. http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Casin_Cu_Calas

"Old Gnawbone" The Green Dragon Claugiyliamatar (replaces Tyranthraxus) - This is the dragon I would think would most be interested in mind control. Wyrms of the North: Claugiyliamatar, "Old Gnawbone"

All of these groups are located in the North, near the Scepter Tower of Spellguard.

Remove ads