Curse query

Zhure

First Post
"Warlock’s Curse
Once per turn as a minor action, you can place a
Warlock’s Curse on the enemy nearest to you that
you can see...."

So, to clarify. If a warlock curses a foe two squares away, he cannot curse any others unless they are two squares away or less?

What if all the 'closest' enemies are already cursed? Does this mean he cannot curse anyone?

My reading of the rules indicates these cases are correct. Do I have the gist of it?
Z

Majushi

First Post
So, to clarify. If a warlock curses a foe two squares away, he cannot curse any others unless they are two squares away or less?

It doesn't put a cap of 2 squares on your cursing range. It only means that you can only curse the guy nearest to you. You could, for instance, move 5 squares away from the first cursed guy and curse another guy within 4 squares of you.

What if all the 'closest' enemies are already cursed? Does this mean he cannot curse anyone?

Yes. If the guy nearest to you is already cursed you cannot curse him again. As above you can move closer to a second enemy and curse them so long as they are closer to you than the first enemy.

Ganadai

First Post
Or you could move to a spot where you can no longer see the first enemy you cursed, but can see another enemy which you can then curse.

I've another Warlocks curse question though...

If a doppelganger uses its Change Shape ability to look like another PC, can a Warlock attempts to curse one of them to figure out which one the doppleganger is? Since PC's know all active conditions, and you can only curse enemies...

Last edited:

Majushi

First Post
If a doppelganger uses its Change Shape ability to look like another PC, can a Warlock attempts to curse one of them to figure out which one the doppleganger is? Since PC's know all active conditions, and you can only curse enemies...

By RAW I suppose that the cursing would fail when targeting the true ally, thereby revealing the doppelganger to be the other "PC".

On that note however I would sincerely hope that the DM was clever enough not to let on that there was a doppelganger in the first place.
Or to fudge it so the curse failed on both. Or succeeded on the ally.
Either way. Determining a doppelganger should not be as easy as targeting your "ally" with a power that can only target enemies.
Fail = Ally. Hit = Doppelganger.

Jhaelen

First Post
By RAW I suppose that the cursing would fail when targeting the true ally, thereby revealing the doppelganger to be the other "PC".
Which is why going by RAW usually makes no sense.

Here's my take:
It's not the power/class feature that decides who's an ally and who isn't. It's the warlock using the power/class feature.

How else would someone ever be able to turn against former allies and/or join with the enemies? In theory, every time the warlock uses a power/class feature it's a new decision who of the potential targets is an ally and who isn't.

Obviously, the DM will want to have some say as well to avoid the pc 'switching sides' all the time. But that's what DMs are for ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads