2 cleric domains
woodland stride and trackless
4 skills/level as druid

Seems ok for him. Comments ?

;)

trentonjoe

Explorer
Seems okay.

You might want to give them some of the druid powers too. Detect posion and identify plants are what comes to my mind.

I think this character is gonna stink at early levels though.

peterka1

First Post
I don't have oriental adventures. Can you give me a short description of the shaman class there ?

I like my version because of the spontaneous casting, which is more realistist for a priest and especially a shaman (asking help from spirits and nature around is divine casting for me).

hong

WotC's bitch
peterka1 said:
I don't have oriental adventures. Can you give me a short description of the shaman class there ?

d6 hit die
Good Will save
BAB progression as cleric/rogue (level x3/4)
Spell progression like cleric
Casts and prepares spells like cleric (based on Wis)
2 domains, +3rd at 11th level
Unarmed strike, animal companion at 1st level
Bonus martial arts feats at 4th level and every 4 levels thereafter
Spirit sight (can see ethereal creatures)
Turn/rebuke undead as cleric 2 levels lower
Spirits' favour (add Cha bonus to all saves) at 5th level

Except for the martial arts stuff, the abilities are pretty much universal. The spell list is like a combination of the cleric and druid ones. Only a few spells have a particularly "oriental" flavour; the rest could fit just about anywhere.

I like my version because of the spontaneous casting, which is more realistist for a priest and especially a shaman (asking help from spirits and nature around is divine casting for me).

The shugenja from OA can do spontaneous casting. It's like a sorcerer with d6 HD and a more restricted list of spells.

Remove ads