• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 3.5/Eberron] A Quick One While He's Away

MadMaxim

First Post
"Have you got any better ideas, Plonk?" Gannon asks the artificer. "If we don't ask this fellow, then we'll have to go into town and find someone else."

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
A couple of the sailors raise their glasses and cheer at Rawhide's suggestion. The half-orc salutes with his drumstick again.

Krug

Newshound
"Could we try town then?" says Plonk, "Instead of asking the first potential candidate, who also belongs to a race known for unspeakable cruelty, torture, backstabbing and-and brainless savagery?" He looks at Rawhide as he says the last word.Isn't one of 'em enough? he thinks to himself, realising he probably needed another beer.

Last edited:

MadMaxim

First Post
"Well, as far as I can remember, those words would also fit perfectly with a lot of humans, and they don't even have to be savages... Just look at the Church of the Silver Flame. Their over-zealous clerics have been known to use torture to make people confess to crimes they never committed. Believe me, things are not always black and white. I know..." Gannon says with a grim expression on his face.

I know very well what the puritans are capable of. They will use any means necessary to bring down what they think is the evil they're hunting... Whether it truly is evil or not...

After thinking about his last words, Gannon softens up. "But you make a good point, Plonk. We're in a new land and we shouldn't just pick the first possible guide we find, so let's go into town and see if there are better options there." Gannon walks up to the inn keeper and pays him for the food and asks for four rooms. He then turns to face the rest of the party.

"I need to dry my clothes and get some rest after that little fight. I've paid for four rooms so make use of them, okay? We'll go look for a guide later." Afterwards, he walks to his room.

Ashy

First Post
Krug said:
"Could we try town then?" says Plonk, "Instead of asking the first potential candidate, who also belongs to a race known for unspeakable cruelty, torture, backstabbing and-and brainless savagery?" He looks at Rawhide as he says the last word.Isn't one of 'em enough? he thinks to himself, realising he probably needed another beer.

Rawhide grins brainlessly at Plonk, not really listening at all to a word the artificer is saying. The shifter seems totally engrossed in his meal and his drink...

Knight Otu

First Post
Flawed, not overly concerned with the strange philosophies of humans, gnomes and shifters, simply watches the discussion. It doesn't quite understand Plonks aversion to orcs, but sees the value of not taking the first potential scout.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads