• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4th Edition, H Series, Online Game

Brisos

First Post
Not sure if you are looking for players still/again. If you are I would be interested.

My schedule is pretty open except for Mondays. I'm on eastern time.

My experience is limited to 2nd edition but I have done some reading on 4th and grasp the main differences.

So if you are not already full, let me know :)

Thanks

Eryiedes

First Post
Not sure if you are looking for players still/again. If you are I would be interested.

My schedule is pretty open except for Mondays. I'm on eastern time.

My experience is limited to 2nd edition but I have done some reading on 4th and grasp the main differences.

So if you are not already full, let me know :)

Thanks

Yes, we could use a new player.
Time is fridays at 4pm eastern but this may change to facilitate ease with a current players schedule.
We are still waiting to hear from one player for a time change confirmation and a listing of available days....however a game on this friday is not certain to occur yet.
We play 4e version but it shouldn't make for too much of a stretch.
I may be lurking.

Peace & Light

Eryiedes

First Post
There will not be a game this friday but this does not directly imply the game is dead.
Still no word from Zam.
To any possible new player:

If you do not feel that you will be able to play weekly then it may be best to allow a more "serious" player to join.
If they have no problems with using the existing "absent" character (goliath paladin) till the modules end (when they can create their own for the continuation in H-2) I see no reason why an immediate commencement of the game isn't in order....but I imagine a new player means a few days of confusion while they become acclimated to the assembled players and session atmosphere and various idiosynchratic tendencies of the software we use.
(Maptools....Ventrillo;client)
Any questions may be submitted in thread.
If a player however INSISTS on using their own and refuses to use the existing player till a plausible lull in the action allows a seamless transition for the sake of the narrative, then it will probably destroy any chance of a game NEXT friday either....signifigant rewriting would be required.
New players characters may not begin play with magical items....nor do new players have access to "weapons of quality" as the existing players do.
Currently the majority of players are only at 3rd (with one late joiner 270 pts from a level up behind them)
Until a decision is made concerning the new players choice of character...exisiting or new.....I can not say what the allowable starting level will be for them.
They will however (if a new character is created) be allowed 200 gold for equipment purposes.

Hopefully this little lull will not be a permanant one but until I begin to recieve some answers with "positive" feedback, I am proceeding under the suposition that the game is indeed finished and that I need to be thinking about an entirely new game thread.

I may be lurking.

Peace & Light

Eryiedes

First Post
I was beginning to get frustrated with Enworld recently.....but no longer.

I was just asking a maptools question in the rptools forum.....figured I would see what it was like, but now I am forced to ask myself after just an hour there: "What kind of bottom feeding retards lurk there?"
Every post has to be "pre-read & approved" by some ass-clown before anyone else may allowed to "see" it?
Are you FREAKIN' kidding me?
What kind of communist/big brother crapola is that noise?
Is it like that everywhere out there now or is it just that the rptools forum has become a place for pervs to prey on children?
No longer frustrated with Enworld, that's for sure!
At least you are free to say what you want to say here.
The day Enworld tells me they must proof-read my posts first, is the day.....well, nevermind my exact words but I think you get the gist of it when I say "I wouldn't be pleased"!

Still no word from Zam.

I will be lurking.

Peace & Light

FusionCell

First Post
Definitely out. Unfortunate.

Anyway, you can indeed continue with the story with a new party. Have the current adventurers arrive just too late to stop the portal, or whatever it is, from opening. A great horde of demons springs forth and the heroes get trapped in their final glorious battle. Gorshak charges close to the portal and tries to use his enormous bulk to hold back any more monsters from coming through. Mardok and Shaster charge around the battlefield like rabid mother:):):):)ers butchering everything. Quinn starts some serious god power ritual he remembers from a long past existence, knowing its a ritual so powerful it'll be his last. For now, the git.

Anyway, with all the demons in the keep busted up, Mardok and Shaster's attentions return to the portal where Gorshak is getting slowly battered into oblivion and already pretty much dead, holding on by sheer will. Mardok charges to the rescue, leaps over Gorshak's head and through the portal into whatever hell dimension it is. What he does there... well, the demons stop right away. Gorshak collapses from his wounds and dies.

Quinn's aura explodes, he drops to his knees and utters a final prayer and then dies. The portal is shut.

Uh... Shaster does...

Anyway, a few days later, the next new group of "adventurers" are really just some brave townsfolk from Winterhaven who come to check thing out. They find the fallen heroes, along with loads of dead demons and a freshly sealed hell rift. Oh, and blood. So much of it.

Oh, er, maybe not. Hell, I hope thats not the actual modules real story. It's just an idea if the game times fall apart completely for all of us... either way, when you kill Gorshak off don't do it by making him fall down a flight of stairs. Unless he lands of some boss creature and squashes it flat.

Eryiedes

First Post
Cell your suggestions are of no use to me.
Only a serious player is.
The objective was to complete the D series and I had already finished scripting the G-1 rewrite and G-2....all of which must now be dumped due to cast specific changes that you thrust upon the group with your lack of commitment.
Save your breath and stop wasting peoples time.
That's all I will say on this matter.

Eryiedes

First Post
Cell....you may feel free to stop responding in this thread any time now and I won't feel any worse for the effort.
I no longer will reply to your posts here or anywhere else.
Good Day to you, sir.

Remove ads