D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Planescape - In Through the Out Door

Pembinasa

First Post
"FIRST you get sanitized, then you get cleaned! And if wood alcohol is good enough for cleaning pens, it's good enough for a cover; the leather cleaner will deal with it anyway. What kind of whiner-spirit are you, a mephit!?" Graydon didn't stop cleaning despite the complaining, although talk of both archmages and polymorphing certainly gave him pause; he blanched and stopped scrubbing, even if he didn't let go, while the spellbook... turned out to be rather lacking in magical potency.

Then he started giving it a vigorous shaking. "I will NOT be threatened by my own book, creature; as you well discovered! And if you try to scare me like that again, I'll give you a thick margin, see if I don't!"

It was the telepathy that managed to get him to stop, steadying and accepting that this situation was even more beyond the pale than he'd considered heretofore; he ceased the shake and closed his eyes, focusing on seeing through his own tome. It was a profoundly strange feeling.

Yet it seems all too true, as I can see myself plenty clear through your eyes- I'll need to give my coat a once-over with the cleaner, too. I hadn't considered how well this trick could work as a mirror! In any case, as it seems we're stuck with each other, I'll be willing to play fair with you if you'll play fair with me- However.

Graydon's eyes opened, a hard stare drilling into the papery eyes opposite. Call me one of your clever euphemisms for 'shitwizard' again, and I'll discipline you as any balky familiar deserves! Are. We. CLEAR?

Because really, 'shitwizard' is what DRUIDS get called!

Queenie

Queen of Everything
She went to the tiny flying girl, who was in a conversation with the air, it seemed.

"Who do you speak to?"

"I don't quite rightly know." Liliana went from looking all around to looking at the pretty girl with strange forehead ornamentation. "You don't hear him too? Whatever it is, it keeps talking and throwing things but I can't see where he is. He says he is not a rat and I believe him. Rats are much shyer than that." Lili shrugs and goes back to looking around.

"Show yourself Pic-aye-une!"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
She went to the tiny flying girl, who was in a conversation with the air, it seemed.

"Who do you speak to?"

"I don't quite rightly know." Liliana went from looking all around to looking at the pretty girl with strange forehead ornamentation. "You don't hear him too? Whatever it is, it keeps talking and throwing things but I can't see where he is. He says he is not a rat and I believe him. Rats are much shyer than that." Lili shrugs and goes back to looking around.

"Show yourself Pic-aye-une!"

Fenris

Adventurer
Adal leans into Oz, as they sway together. The music swells and rises, through the floorboards of the boarding house and out onto the Sigilian streets-- a sound, a song that could move even such jaded ears and stony hearts as could be found in walls of the Cage.

Oz, slows then stops his dance as the music fades away. He bows low and kisses Adal's hands "You are a marvelous dancer my dear"

[section]Picayune held out his trombone at Liliana, hoping she could see the instrument. He shook it just a little, for emphasis. Not too much, though. Bess was old and didn't take kindly to rough treatment. [/section]
[sblock=Liliana]Casting message at Liliana. "I plays on Ole Bess here. She be da one wot make dat story, not me. I cain't show meself, ain't got no body, 'parently." The effigy's intonation lowered in sadness and uncertainty at that last bit.[/sblock]

Quickleaf

Legend
Snorting at being called a mephit, Shandrizar stopped short of another tirade at Gradyon threatening to give him a wide margin. It impressed upon him the vulnerability of his situation. Why, the young mage before him might decide to write bawdy limericks instead of spells on his pages for all he knew! And a book, even one animated such as Shandrizar, had precious few rights in the courts of Sigil, no matter his former affiliation with the faction that ran those courts. As he felt Graydon looking thru his papery eyes, for a moment Shandrizar wished he could see his current form more clearly, if only for research purposes. 

For a moment mage and spellbook had a stare off, but at last Shandrizar grudgingly admitted, "I suppose calling you a creting was premature. Very well, I shall not call you offalmancer, dung mage, guano caster, grand pooba, or any other variation of 'fecal wizard.'" Even in conceding he was in the wrong, Shandrizar did so with the characteristic humility of an archmage, which is to say very little. Still, the young mage had shown himself to at least have some spine, so in that sense at least, they were equal.

"I will need something else to call you... and master is most definitely not an option." Squinting his vellum brow as he gave Graydon the once over, Shandrizar tried to see if there was some distinguishing clothing on him that identified him hailing from a certain Prime world or school of wizardry. However, Graydon's simple traveling garb gave nothing away. "I am Shandrizar the All-Seeing." He left off his many titles, thinking they sounded a bit grandiose coming from a talking book. 'The All-Seeing" seemed like matter of course to him, and he wouldn't dream of leaving that part out making introductions.

Unsung

First Post
Adal favours Oz a skeptical smile, eyes shining, holding something back. "You're a flatterer," she says, but still crosses her forelegs in an unpracticed, faintly ironic curtsy.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
[section]Picayune held out his trombone at Liliana, hoping she could see the instrument. He shook it just a little, for emphasis. Not too much, though. Bess was old and didn't take kindly to rough treatment. [/section]
[sblock=Liliana]Casting message at Liliana. "I plays on Ole Bess here. She be da one wot make dat story, not me. I cain't show meself, ain't got no body, 'parently." The effigy's intonation lowered in sadness and uncertainty at that last bit.[/sblock]

OOC: Does she see the trombone?

Unsung

First Post
[sblock=Liliana]I'll give you two options, [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION]:

Does Liliana believe in the trombone? If she does, then she can see it. However, it will appear to her however she imagines it to look, however she believes it will appear. That might or might not line up with how a trombone appears in the real world, how Bess might have looked when Picayune was alive.

That's my preferred option. The other, more classically D&D option would of course be to ask you make a Wisdom check, in this case Insight, to see if you can part the veil, defeat the illusion, see beyond this mortal ephemera to the *truth* of forms that transcends mere appearances...!

I still like the former option, though. I think it has more room to build on itself. :D[/sblock]

Remove ads