D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Planescape - In Through the Out Door

Unsung

First Post
[sblock=Shard]The ghost, Picayune, tumbles through the air and out into the hall, seen by no one but Shard.[/sblock]

Bix's door opens the merest crack, and a large, oddly reptilian eye peers out at the party. "Who's there?" comes a small, querulous voice. "What's happening?" The voice isn't exactly high-pitched, but has a tinny, reedy tone, like someone who's coming down after inhaling a quantity of alchemical gas. It has a just-woken-up quality to it as well, and apart from hiding behind the door, suggests a suspicious nature.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Liliana responds warily, "The bartender from downstairs sent us Sir, the city is under attack! There are creatures coming through portals in this very building! Do you not hear all the fighting and noise? The Bartender said you would help us escape. Please let us in!"

[section]Picayune phased through the room's door, hollering for Bix. Once inside, the effigy hovered in place beside what could only be described as an enormous round blob with seven eyes affixed to wiggling tube-like stalks dotting the blob's grotesque form. "Bi-ix?" the effigy queried.[/section]

Unsung

First Post
The eye in the crack of the door tilts this way and that. Reluctantly, the door swings open.

What you can only assume is Bix drifts out, bobbing gently, like a buoy on some unseen current.

[sblock=What you see]

[/sblock]

OOC: Unsung, just to clarify, Picayune phased into Bix's room, correct? And saw a creature that looks like the image directly above this post? And Picayune is still inside the room he believes is Bix's room, correct?

Unsung

First Post
OOC: Ah. I was thinking Pic phased partway into the room, then phased back out upon seeing what was in there. Bix then moved up to the door to answer Liliana. Does that work for you? If not, I can still change that last post.

Because if matters in terms of position at this point, Bix is a sphere close to four feet across.

Last edited:

OOC: Why don't we leave Picayune inside Bix's room and just say that Bix didn't see or hear the effigy? That way we can still have Bix talking to Liliana through the cracked open door. And Pic can be left inside the room, totally stymied as to what the hell Bix is and why Bix won't interact with him.

Unsung

First Post
OOC: Sure, if you'd prefer. :) Although there's actually good reason for Bix to be able to see Picayune without being overly shocked.

I had originally meant for my last post to be an answer to both Pic's question and Liliana's. Note that he didn't say anything to either of you. It's not that he's ignoring either one of you-- he's just a reticent sort. And I figured the party might have a reaction, under the circumstances.

OOC: Since there is a good reason why Bix would see and hear Pic, let's go ahead and roll with: Pic phased partially into Bix's room, then popped back out into the hallway. This means Pic is in the hallway. I'll come up with something to post after Liliana has a chance to respond to Bix.

Quickleaf

Legend
OOC: So [MENTION=6781406]Unsung[/MENTION] if Shandrizar wanted to wrack his brains to identify what sub-species (if any) of beholder Bix is, what sort of roll would that involve (if any)? If an Intelligence check would either Arcana or History apply? So, yeah, this is a question about how you want to handle "monster knowledge checks" in 5e.

Remove ads