D&D 5E D&D 5e Settlements generator (O.G.R.E.)

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I like the results I got; they suggested an interesting place that I'm sure I would not have come up with on my own. But I'm not sure how the numbers are supposed to work out. For example, I asked for 18 buildings and I got 12; does that mean the others are simply undefined? Or do some of the other categories (taverns, warehouses, etc.) count toward the total number of buildings?

Jinashi

First Post
Terrain and Population added !

@jayoungr: Very strange. I can't reproduce your "bug".
Normally it generates the buildings ("Building").
THEN it generates the specific buildings ("Residence" etc ...)

If you put 18 buildings and 5 residences, there should be 23 buildings which at least 5 residences.
Like this:
ogre.png

Last edited:

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I just double-checked, and I had 12 residences, not total structures. So I guess it wasn't a bug.

Let me see if I have this right:

1. The total number of structures in the town will be the sum of all the categories? (Building + Residence + Religion + Tavern + Warehouse + Shop = Total)

2. The numbers placed in the Residence, Religion, Tavern, Warehouse, and Shop categories represent a minimum number for each, not the exact number?

3. The number placed in the Building category will be divided between the other five categories?

Jinashi

First Post
How it works:
First, "The number placed in the Building category will be divided between the other five categories" (d20, 1-10: Residence, 11-12: Religious, 13-15: Tavern, 16-17: Warehouse, 18-20: Shop)
Next, it adds for each category the number in the Residence/Religion/Tavern/Warehouse/Shop input.

That's why 1, 2 and 3 are true but you can put "0" in the Building category if you want to put the "exact number" for each category.

Last edited:

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Okay, I get it now! It might be good to add that explanation to the page. It's a very cool generator--thanks for making it!

Jinashi

First Post
Like this ?

This will generate a Settlement using the rules in the D&D 5e Dungeon Master's Guide (pages 112-114), including:
- Town name (by Morrus)
- Terrain
- Population
- Race relations
- Ruler's status
- Notable traits
- Known for its ...
- Current Calamity
- Structures

OPTIONS:
Building = Generate X random structures (1d20+10 by default)
Residence/Religious/Tavern/Warehouse/Shop = Generate X specific structures.

NOTE:
Total Structures = Building + Residence + Religion + Tavern + Warehouse + Shop

Last edited:

Remove ads