D&D General D&D (and potentially other TTRPG's) is a sport

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Making D&D an official sport is going to drag it back into rules over rulings and I cant say im agreeable to that.

Norton

Explorer
I guess it could be considered a sport in the sense that chess is considered by many to be a sport (with competition being puzzles and combat), but only really at an "elite" level whereas regular old, universally accepted as sports activities are considered such at even the lowest level.

Does D&D have an elite level? Sure ain't at my table, yuk-yuk!

I don't seriously think D&D is a sport, but darned if I'm not going to work on putting on the ol' red-and-white for Team Canada if it ever makes it into the Olympics. ;)

Better get on training on all those important player or DM skills, like "quickly leafing through the rulebook", "efficient dice rolling", "remembering to bring snacks", and brushing up on Monty Python, The Princess Bride, and The Lord of the Rings quotes!

aco175

Legend
I think all DMs should be required to wear an official uniform!
It would look like this.

1637180247987.png

Shiroiken

Legend
OP has confused mental exertion for physical exertion. Focus and concentration are mental exercises (no matter what 3E says), even for the most physical of activities. This is why being the best requires mental accumen, not just physical.
Making D&D an official sport is going to drag it back into rules over rulings and I cant say im agreeable to that.
You never played sandlot baseball?

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I don't seriously think D&D is a sport, but darned if I'm not going to work on putting on the ol' red-and-white for Team Canada if it ever makes it into the Olympics. ;)
I'll see you at the training camp! Should I bring Blue or Canadian? :)

D&D World Cup, here come the Kings of the North!

Remove ads