• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General D&D Beyond change - can't see list of books you've bought

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
This doesn’t bother me so much because it is really easy to exclude books you don’t own from, say, the monster search tool. However, I don’t, because I like seeing what options I am missing out on; if a particular book keeps grabbing my attention I might buy it.

But the filtering and search features on DDB could just generally use improvement.
It has been a while since I've used it, but last I checked I had to go through and select every single one of my books. Maybe it's easy, but it's time consuming and I can't always remember all the options I have, especially with the little 6 monster books that they have. It's a pain and makes me want to use it less every time I went in to create an encounter.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
There was a Books I Own filter before in the Marketplace which is gone now. Here’s one of the threads about it in the DDB forums and some talk about the double-purchase possibility. https://www.dndbeyond.com/forums/d-...ase-bring-back-the-books-i-own-filter-for-the

I guess I misremembered that you could do this in Sourcebooks too? Maybe I used the marketplace to check.
This exactly. There was a filter in the marketplace that hid things you'd already bought (by default). It was never present in the sourcebooks view, so you were definitely using the marketplace to check. I did the same thing and I'm also irritated that they haven't implemented that filter for the new marketplace.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
In an unrelated rant (I created a thread on DnDbeyond).....if you are in the game rules area, say, "monsters" and search there, only WotC monsters show, not 3PP monsters. If you search on the overall site, you see WotC and 3PP monsters. For example, I wanted to see all the undead I could have if I bought all the 3PP products, but nope, only WotC products show in the game rules area (I know I could do this other ways, that's not the point).

Clint_L

Legend
In an unrelated rant (I created a thread on DnDbeyond).....if you are in the game rules area, say, "monsters" and search there, only WotC monsters show, not 3PP monsters. If you search on the overall site, you see WotC and 3PP monsters. For example, I wanted to see all the undead I could have if I bought all the 3PP products, but nope, only WotC products show in the game rules area (I know I could do this other ways, that's not the point).
Hmmm...that's interesting. I normally search through monsters using the Encounter Builder, and that shows 3PP as well as WotC monsters, so I hadn't noticed this problem.

Yup, DDB need to put some more development into their various filtering and search functions.

I should note, though, that overall DDB is very easy to use. Specifically, it is easy for me to use. Which means that it is embarrassingly simple for anyone else. These issues we are discussing are pretty minor in the overall scheme of what it offers.

Last edited:

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Hmmm...that's interesting. I normally search through monsters using the Encounter Building, and that shows 3PP as well as WotC monsters, so I hadn't noticed this problem.

Yup, DDB need to put some more development into their various filtering and search functions.

I should note, though, that overall DDB is very easy to use. Specifically, it is easy for me to use. Which means that it is embarrassingly simple for anyone else. These issues we are discussing are pretty minor in the overall scheme of what it offers.
Agreed

For what it's worth: Not sure when it went into effect, but the sources page now has a visible "In Library" tag on everything you own. Or most, at least - the Rrakkma adventure doesn't seem to have it, even though I own it, but I'm not sure that's purchasable on Beyond anymore for whatever reason, so it might just be an oversight...

Doesn't seem to apply to the marketplace (not yet, at least), but you should be easily able to see whether you own a particular book now.

Last edited:

Clint_L

Legend
Yes - unfortunately it doesn't show on the pull down tab, which is what I suspect most people use to navigate to a book, but at least it now shows when you go to your library.

Yes - unfortunately it doesn't show on the pull down tab, which is what I suspect most people use to navigate to a book, but at least it now shows when you go to your library.
You can only cram so much into that drop-down tab...

I'd have to double check, but I'm willing to bet quite a bit that it doesn't actually show every individual book they have on Beyond.

Last edited:

Remove ads