D&D Beyond: Infernal Options in MTOF

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I look forward to the day when the "new" book consists entirely of stuff they've already printed elsewhere. With maybe 50 pages of stuff you could easily look up on the internet thrown in to pad the page count.

The way some players keep demanding new campaign settings books for settings that have already been printed/reprinted multiple times... apparently that's what some players actually want. ;)

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Was it after the Aasimar in Volo's Guide to Monsters?
Yeah.

The genasi and SCAG tieflings are pretty much exactly traditional. The Volo's aasimar are a bit of a different take, but still can encompass the traditional concepts.

Sure, it could still happen, but I think it's more likely not to.
I could be wrong here, but it seems like the intent, though poorly stated, was that Planetouched is the larger umbrella category, under which Asimar, Tieflings, and Genasi fall. Since there are separate names for celestial, elemental, and infernal Planetouched, presumably they would have a separate name for abyssal Planetouched, though they have not been forthcoming with one yet.

I could be wrong here, but it seems like the intent, though poorly stated, was that Planetouched is the larger umbrella category, under which Asimar, Tieflings, and Genasi fall. Since there are separate names for celestial, elemental, and infernal Planetouched, presumably they would have a separate name for abyssal Planetouched, though they have not been forthcoming with one yet.

That can work.

gyor

Legend
Yeah.

An interesting idea. It'd be interesting if this was the case.

Remove ads