D&D Beyond: Infernal Options in MTOF

gyor

Legend
Archdevil and Archdemons from OotA are confirmed to be in.

Tiefling subraces are still in, but changed based on feedback, how is not elbrated upon.

Cults are mentioned as are Cambion variants. The MM Cambion is seen as Seductive one, a Grazzt/Succubus style Cambion, the new Cambions are based on other traits like fiends that are strong instead of seductive. Pure speculation on my part related to that, but I'm betting their is one Cambion whose main thematic trait is being gross and ugly, slimy perhaps, something Jubiliex or a Sibeliex Demon might produce with a mortal.

Also confirmed new none archfiend Yugoloths, Devils, Demons.

Last edited:

gyor

Legend
"chapter that are specifically for players, we delve into ways that your tiefling, that you play could be shaped by a connection to a particular ruler of hell. Now tieflings are not the children of those rulers, but they can be shaped by the fiendish influence of the particular rulers and the layer of hell that those rulers are from. And so as people saw on Unearthed Arcana, we provide ways of customizing your tiefling to say, "Well my tiefling is somehow connected to Mephistopheles. And because of that, I have a different magical options from other tieflings."

And a number of these options have been tweaked as a result of play test feedback we got after the Unearthed Arcana.

"

And a number of these options have been tweaked as a result of play test feedback we got after the Unearthed Arcana."

This is the relavent part to players.

Last edited:

I really don't like that they're treating Tieflings as only being of Devilish bloodlines, when before they were also possibly Demonic or Yugoloth or other fiendish bloodlines. I know they state somewhere else that the Planescape Tieflings are Planetouched and therefore a different race, but there's no suggestion there would be a planetouched race in this book.

gyor

Legend
I really don't like that they're treating Tieflings as only being of Devilish bloodlines, when before they were also possibly Demonic or Yugoloth or other fiendish bloodlines. I know they state somewhere else that the Planescape Tieflings are Planetouched and therefore a different race, but there's no suggestion there would be a planetouched race in this book.

I agree it seems unlikely plane touched will be in the book.

gyor

Legend
I hope like Elves and Dwarves the Blood War Chapter will explore Tieflings in different Settings. And the differences in appearance of these Tiefling subraces.

Remove ads