D&D General D&D Beyond Launches 2023's Official D&D Advent Calendar

Get a 'gift' each day throughout December.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Weird thing is that I was looking for a D&D advnet calendar all year long and it never showed up in my Google Fu.
Several dice companies make them, like Black Oak Workshop, but they aren't cheap. And since they're dice companies, you don't get miniatures or anything else mixed in, which would make them better, IMO.

darjr

I crit!
Day 2 features something Keith Amman from “The Monsters Know What They are Doing” worked on.

And day three is some thing I only just heard of.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
These are pretty cool and so far, things I didnt know about, like the clothing stuff for today (12/4).

I do wish the call to arms site had sizing description of what a large and such equates too. No customer support link that I could find to ask them the question either.

Last edited:

barasawa

Explorer
Today is the 7th, and so far, it's all been disappointing for me. Ranging from 10% off to $10 off and even 20% off of various things, and the only "free" item is a theme pack for Idle Champions, that free idle clicker "game".
To say I've been underwhelmed is beyond understating it.

When they started out with a $20 bag of ground coffee, I was rather disappointed.

Dire Bare

Legend
Today is the 7th, and so far, it's all been disappointing for me. Ranging from 10% off to $10 off and even 20% off of various things, and the only "free" item is a theme pack for Idle Champions, that free idle clicker "game".
To say I've been underwhelmed is beyond understating it.

When they started out with a $20 bag of ground coffee, I was rather disappointed.
Dude, it's just holiday marketing. What were you expecting exactly?

Coupons are nice, but digital dice (better) or DDB customizations (OK, depending) would be better, from the user perspective. I can't recall if they did any of that last year.

Best of all would be new freebie content.
Last year, I remember them offering a DDB freebie of a Dragonlance monster compendium and some printable coloring pages and folding projects which seemed like nice projects to do with kids. Other than that, it did have a ton of coupons.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Dude, it's just holiday marketing. What were you expecting exactly?
It would be pretty easy for them to drop in some freebie DDB character sheet customizations and dice. Some new maps that could only be unlocked through the calendar would be a good way of calling attention to the new maps feature and to get people using the maps to be sure and click on the advent calendar every day.

It would not take significantly more effort to make this a more productive bit of marketing.

Remove ads

Remove ads