D&D 5E D&D Beyond: Mind Sliver

gyor

Legend

This basically confirms that the Archivist was never really meant for Either Wayfarer's Guide or RftLW, it's for some kind of Psionics book, same with Lurker of the Deeps and Aberrant Mind.

And even though Wizards, Sorcerers, and Warlocks get the spell, it's a Psionic Cantrip.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

This basically confirms that the Archivist was never really meant for Either Wayfarer's Guide or RftLW, it's for some kind of Psionics book, same with Lurker of the Deeps and Aberrant Mind.

And even though Wizards, Sorcerers, and Warlocks get the spell, it's a Psionic Cantrip.

Well, not necessarily a "Psionics" book. A book with Psionics elements, apparently. But the Barbarian and Monk Subclasses tested last month suggest other possibilities.

I'm leaning towards August being a Red Mana Subclass test, September being a Blue Mana Subclass test, and the Artchivist being a gonzo M:tG take on Artificer (a card type in Magic, incidentally). If we are getting more M:tG in D&D next year, which Nate Stewart has said in no uncertain terms that we will in the future, it would all fit together well, and explain why they stealth tested the Archivist the way they did.

The look on Crawford's face when he realizes he gave away that the Archivist is planned for a future book is pretty priceless...

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
If they do end up keeping the save penalty and nerfing the damage, I hope they consolidate it to one die roll.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
About the Archivist:

seagateloremaster.jpg

Undrave

Legend
I hope whatever book it is reprints some useful and thematic spells like Tidal Wave, the Elemental Cantrips, and heck, throw in the SCAG cantrip in. It's a bit annoying those weren't in Xanathar (because of the PHB+1 rule).

Remove ads