D&D 5E D&D Beyond Player Tools app is now live!

The free D&D Beyond Player Tools App is now available on the Apple App Store and Google Play! Access all of your characters online or offline! Track conditions, hit points, spell slots, and more! Check out all the details and download now: The Official D&D Beyond Player App for iOS and Android | D&D Beyond

Still a bit bare bones at the moment (which they admit). For instance, you can't add or subtract coinage yet and some sections of the sheet (like your description and notes and such) aren't even accessible. Hopefully it won't be too long because right now it's really more of a reference than a playable sheet.

Also worth noting it looks way better on phones than tablets right now - way too much blank space there.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Should've been available Day One. Instead, this took nearly 3 years. I've already bought my material on a site that actually has a VTT. There are better options.
Yea, this isn’t a reasonable attitude, sorry.

The builder has basically always been available on mobile. It being a separate app is a perk.

You also site the VTT as if it’s a prerequisite for a digital service to be worthwhile, which...no.

DDB didn’t even start out with any intention of ever having anything like a VTT.

Oofta

Legend
Yea, this isn’t a reasonable attitude, sorry.

The builder has basically always been available on mobile. It being a separate app is a perk.

You also site the VTT as if it’s a prerequisite for a digital service to be worthwhile, which...no.

DDB didn’t even start out with any intention of ever having anything like a VTT.

But I can't even order pizza using the app! Pizza is obviously a requirement for gaming. It's horrible that they released an app lacking such features. :mad:

In my ideal world, there would be a way to integrate Beyond into Roll20. Beyond is so much easier to manage characters as opposed to the roll20 character sheet (even with Charamancer). Roll20 is the VTT, but Beyond blows it away for PC management. I want my chocolate and peanut butter together darn it.

If I'm not mistaken, there are chrome browser plugins that allow for just that. I believe it's called Beyond 20? I could be mistaken re: its ability to work with R20 but I know it works with the Foundry VTT.

SuperTD

Explorer
In my ideal world, there would be a way to integrate Beyond into Roll20. Beyond is so much easier to manage characters as opposed to the roll20 character sheet (even with Charamancer). Roll20 is the VTT, but Beyond blows it away for PC management. I want my chocolate and peanut butter together darn it.
Yeah, this exists - it's an extension called Beyond 20 and it gives you clickable buttons on all your abilities and attacks than roll through to your Roll20 campaign. The HP also links through so you only need to track your D&D Beyond sheet, but your HP updates in Roll20 so others can see at a glance. It's surprisingly good. You can see below what it looks like - a small Beyond 20 button appears in the tab on the right when you click on any rollable ability.

1594070462943.png

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads