D&D 5E D&D Beyond's Epanded Racial Feats are available on DM's Guild

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
Ok, they made it sound like it was something WotC was putting out that had stuff left out the book.

Yeah, they weren't terribly clear.

Seemed pretty clear to me:

http://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/76-pre-order-bonuses-for-xanathars-guide-to

Expanded Racial Feats*
You'll get access to 16 new racial feats for all the races available on D&D Beyond outside the Player's Handbook - from the aarakocra to the yuan-ti pureblood. Created by the D&D Beyond team, these feats can be used in your home games or as inspiration for your own upcoming homebrew racial feats.

* - Expanded racial feats not available in Adventurers League play.

pukunui

Legend
Would anyone be willing to summarize what these feats do?

Aarakocra - Sky Warden
Aasimar - Angelic Protection
Bugbear - Well Rested
Firbolg - Firbolg Beast Magic
Genasi (air) - Djinn Heritage
Genasi (earth) - Dao Heritage
Genasi (fire) - Efreet Heritage
Genasi (water) - Marid Heritage
Goblin - Like a Boss
Goliath - Mountain's Endurance
Hobgoblin - Uphold the Legion
Kenku - Mimicry Mastery
Kobold - Urd Wings
Lizardfolk - Touch of Sess'inek
Orc - Tanarukk Blood
Tabaxi - Feline Grace
Tortle - Tortle Protector
Triton - Triton Deep Magic
Yuan-ti Pureblood - Serpent Form

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
Aarakocra - Sky Warden: ASI + Expertise + Extra Damage on attack.
Aasimar - Angelic Protection: A type of resistance.
Bugbear - Well Rested: ASI + Extra Healing + Inspiration.
Firbolg - Firbolg Beast Magic: Nature spells.
Genasi (air) - Djinn Heritage: ASI + Spell + Resistance.
Genasi (earth) - Dao Heritage: ASI + Spell + AC.
Genasi (fire) - Efreet Heritage: ASI + Spell + Darkvision.
Genasi (water) - Marid Heritage: ASI + Spell + Resistance.
Goblin - Like a Boss: ASI + Disadvantage on an enemy.
Goliath - Mountain's Endurance: ASI + Limited Resistance.
Hobgoblin - Uphold the Legion: ASI + Extra Damage + Aid an ally.
Kenku - Mimicry Mastery: ASI + Temporary Proficiency.
Kobold - Urd Wings: ASI + Flying.
Lizardfolk - Touch of Sess'inek: ASI + Language + Immunity to a condition.
Orc - Tanarukk Blood: ASI + Resistances + Bite.
Tabaxi - Feline Grace: ASI + Movement + Negate falling damage.
Tortle - Tortle Protector: ASI + AC + Half-cover for allies.
Triton - Triton Deep Magic: Water spells.
Yuan-ti Pureblood - Serpent Form: ASI + Turn into snake.

neogod22

Explorer
I feel it's worth mentioning that the devs have signaled that they are not going to release the revised ranger as a standalone class but merely as a package of alternative class features for the PHB ranger. See here for more: The Future of the Ranger
Someone just asked Jeremy Crawford on Twitter about future compatibility between the UA ranger and the PHB ranger. This was his response:

"When the new options in the UA ranger become official, using them with other official material will be seamless."

"In the end, there will be 1 ranger: the PH ranger. It will get alternative features. The official game won't have 2 versions of a class."

So according to this, especially from the last quote, there will be no new Ranger. The only Ranger options that became official were, the Gloom Walker, Horizon Walker, and Monster Slayer.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

pukunui

Legend
So according to this, especially from the last quote, there will be no new Ranger. The only Ranger options that became official were, the Gloom Walker, Horizon Walker, and Monster Slayer.
That's a pretty big leap you're making there. I would recommend reading the whole series of tweets on the subject. He was specifically talking about the revised ranger, not the new subclasses that have just come out. To reiterate, the revised ranger is not going to be released as a standalone class. They will, however, release (for free) a package of alternate class features for the PHB ranger, based on feedback provided by the public.

With all that in mind, the alternate class features will most likely be AL legal since they will be considered part of the PHB ranger.

Last edited:

neogod22

Explorer
That's a pretty big leap you're making there. I would recommend reading the whole series of tweets on the subject. He was specifically talking about the revised ranger, not the new subclasses that have just come out. To reiterate, the revised ranger is not going to be released as a standalone class. They will, however, release (for free) a package of alternate class features for the PHB ranger, based on feedback provided by the public.

With all that in mind, the alternate class features will most likely be AL legal since they will be considered part of the PHB ranger.
I saw what was quoted off of the link that was provided, but the quote is the quote. He literally was quoted saying, there will not be 2 ranger classes, there will only be the PHB Ranger. That means, the Revised version will never come out.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

pukunui

Legend
That means, the Revised version will never come out.
I repeat, the revised ranger will not be released *as a standalone class*. It will be released as package of alternate class features. So we'll get something that says, "If you don't like the way Favored Enemy, Natural Explorer, Primeval Awareness, et al work, you can use these alternative versions of those class features instead."

Last edited:

Remove ads