D&D 5E D&D Beyond's Epanded Racial Feats are available on DM's Guild

neogod22

Explorer
They were never going to do that. Whatever form the Ranger revisions will take will be released publicly for free.
If it's not in a book, it can never be. AL legal. I already have the book. I picked it up on Friday. Anyone on the fence of getting it, get the special cover special cover. The pictures do not do it justice. If anyone is old enough to have collected baseball cards, if they remember foil cards, it looks like that.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
If it's not in a book, it can never be. AL legal. I already have the book. I picked it up on Friday. Anyone on the fence of getting it, get the special cover special cover. The pictures do not do it justice. If anyone is old enough to have collected baseball cards, if they remember foil cards, it looks like that.

If it's part of the basic rules, which it will be, it is AL legal.

neogod22

Explorer
If it's part of the basic rules, which it will be, it is AL legal.
This is false. When dealing with AL, players can only use material from APPROVED PLAYER RESOURCE MATERIAL. Which are pretty much just limited to the books, and the player's guides for the season. But they are only limited to the PHB+1. The reason why the Death Cleric and Oath Breaker were not legal (without exception) was because they were in the DMG which is not a player resource.

This is false. When dealing with AL, players can only use material from APPROVED PLAYER RESOURCE MATERIAL. Which are pretty much just limited to the books, and the player's guides for the season. But they are only limited to the PHB+1. The reason why the Death Cleric and Oath Breaker were not legal (without exception) was because they were in the DMG which is not a player resource.

They make the rules, they can change it so the Revised Ranger is available to everyone.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!

Nope. Look how tortles were released -- they were added to the Player's Guide as playable in AL.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
They make the rules, they can change it so the Revised Ranger is available to everyone.
Yep. The rules are a bunch of pdfs in a fairly loose community. They send a message to Jeremy, Mike et al saying "Hey, can we add this to the approved material for AL", they say "Yep" and the change is made. You don't need to get the Fellowship together in Rivendell to get this stuff done.

pdegan2814

First Post

The Wizards folks have explicitly stated:

* They plan to make the final version of the Revised Ranger available for free
* Once it is out, both the Original Recipe and the Revised Ranger will be AL legal

pukunui

Legend
I feel it's worth mentioning that the devs have signaled that they are not going to release the revised ranger as a standalone class but merely as a package of alternative class features for the PHB ranger. See here for more: The Future of the Ranger

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases