• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D British edition????

hong

WotC's bitch
Null Boundry said:
I've never seen anything marked as a British edition.

I am curious though are there rules for tea drinking, clarifying the glassing someone and so on?
Tea drinking rules would be in the Japanese edition. A British edition would feature rules for drinking lager, singing "ere we go, ere we go, ere we go", and complaining about the weather.

oh, and winning the frickin' rugby

Null Boundry

First Post
hong said:
Tea drinking rules would be in the Japanese edition. A British edition would feature rules for drinking lager, singing "ere we go, ere we go, ere we go", and complaining about the weather.

As long as there was a supplement of dunking biscuits in the Japanese version, I can afford both. :D

Ranes

Adventurer
In a proper English edition, spellcasters would do their daily spell preparations at 4:00pm, over tea and crumpets, crumpet would be an NPC class and thieves would be granted Cockney as a bonus language.

I am, of course, having a giraffe.

Hardhead said:
As for the spelling, sometimes the English spelling makes more sense. Sometimes the Brittish does. Both make very little sense phonetically.
Do you mind? British spelling is English spelling. :p

(Cue posts about aluminium, -ise vs -ize, -ce vs -se, the lesser spotted u, and so on, ad nauseam...)

Carnifex

First Post
Ranes said:
In a proper English edition, spellcasters would do their daily spell preparations at 4:00pm, over tea and crumpets, crumpet would be an NPC class and thieves would be granted Cockney as a bonus language.

I am, of course, having a giraffe.

Maybe someone's half-inched our special supply of British D&D books, so taht;s why we're only getting American ones! :p

hong

WotC's bitch
hong said:

... I've just mortally offended all the Scots, Welsh and Irish on this here board, haven't I?

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Hardhead said:
You've got to admit, though, the Imperial system is good for a "middle-ages-ish" setting. And at least America doesn't use the "stone" weight measurement. :p
No, not really. If you really want to use in-game measurements, then everyone measuring a quantity should get a different answer - that's realism.

If, on the other hand, you want to make a game playable, and use the measurement units for rules purposes, then metric is far more sensible a choice (were it not for the fact that the US is stuck in pre-revolutionary days...)
As for the spelling, sometimes the English spelling makes more sense. Sometimes the Brittish does. Both make very little sense phonetically.
Good grief.

Answer the following question - which isles is England a part of?

The answer is, of course, the British Isles.

British spelling = English spelling

American spelling != English spelling.

And, in a funny little twist of fate, Phoenetically isn't spelt Phoenetically.

Hardhead

Explorer
Saeviomagy said:
No, not really. If you really want to use in-game measurements, then everyone measuring a quantity should get a different answer - that's realism.

If, on the other hand, you want to make a game playable, and use the measurement units for rules purposes, then metric is far more sensible a choice (were it not for the fact that the US is stuck in pre-revolutionary days...)

Well, as always, you've got to draw a line between pure realisim, and just flavor to make it, well, flavorful.

Good grief.

Answer the following question - which isles is England a part of?

The answer is, of course, the British Isles.

British spelling = English spelling

American spelling != English spelling.

And, in a funny little twist of fate, Phoenetically isn't spelt Phoenetically.

I know, I know. :( A little bit of ethnocentrism crept in there I guess. I tend to naturally think of the way I speak as "English." I corrected my post.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads