D&D 5E D&D Celebration Schedule

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 10.16.30 PM.png

From September 23-26, the D&D community comes together for D&D Celebration – a weekend celebrating the release of The Wild Beyond the Witchlight, and previewing Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons (Oct 19) and Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos (Nov 16)!

The first official D&D musical? The cast of Star Trek: Discovery rolling the d20s? This year’s D&D Celebration will offer fans a front row seat to watch all that and more as hilarious Dungeon Masters lead adventures in a slate of side-splitting virtual games including:

- Disco Does D&D
o Cast members from Star Trek: Discovery Anthony Rapp, Mary Wisemann, Blu del Barrio, Ian Alexander, and special guest Wil Wheaton, play D&D with Noah Averbach-Katz at the helm as DM

- The Circus of Sound – a D&D Musical
o The long-awaited D&D musical event starring Anthony Rapp, Jason Charles Miller, Azie Dungey, Vico Ortiz, and Mariah Rose Faith with Kelly Lynne D’Angelo as DM

- The Slapstick Hunt: A Silly Chase
o DM Amy Vorpahl leads cast members from The Guild, Sandeep Parikh, Vince Caso, Robin Thorsen, Amy Okuda, and Jeff Lewis on a comedic adventure through the multiverse

- The Dungeon & The Dragon
o An unlikely band of monsters are assembled to help a wronged dragon track down the heroes who stole her hoard with Alicia Marie, Deborah Ann Woll, Todd Stashwick, Patrick Rothfuss, and Matthew Lillard playing as monsters and B. Dave Walters as DM

- The Great Dragon Tourney
o Get ready for a tourney unlike any other featuring dragon jousting, racing, and diplomacy starring Anna Prosser, Mica Burton, Nathan Sharp, Jonathan Indovino, and Kate Welch (in an extra-special role) with Mark Hulmes as DM

The weekend will close with a look to the future of the brand with the Future of D&D panel hosted by D&D’s own Liz Schuh, Ray Winninger, Chris Perkins, and Jeremy Crawford.

The full schedule of events, including virtual gaming and D&D Studio and community led panels, can be found here: https://dndcelebration.com/schedule

Last edited:

overgeeked

B/X Known World
only 3 seasons of Picard are planned and they are already working on season 3, they want this done while Patrick Stewart still has a pulse, he's not getting any younger.
Exactly. Hence the comment about an AI actor. Paramount owns Stewart's likeness for the character of Picard. They can keep making content with the character (and using Patrick Stewart's likeness) as long as the copyright holds...which if Disney has it's druthers, will be in perpetuity. So it's basically inevitable that we get AI actors in these roles. They might have the decency to wait until the living actor dies, or they might not.

So, the announcement is real, and we probably won't need a high roll.

Amazon has posted a new D&D book scheduled for January, 2022. The description says it will be revealed on D&D Celebration stream this Sunday.
Heh, they finally managed to "leak" it correctly, although I wouldn't put it past them that they'll still accidentally leak the title and/or other info before then!

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Considering the price point, it's likely another slipcase set of the main three books. Probably a revised 5E.
The current main three slipcase set has the exact same price point. $169.95. Either it's a placeholder price tag, or it's a three book slipcase. If it is a three book slipcase...what could that be? The only one that makes sense is the main three...and a revision.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
Not worried? WotC grossed $816 MILLION last year and accounted for 70%+ of Hasbro's net profit.

Not only are Hasbro execs doing cartwheels of joy at the corporate office, they're literally reorganizing their business structure in order to continue growing the audience for Dungeons & Dragons. Source

At this point in time, you'd have to pry WoTC from Hasbro's cold dead hands to get it away from them!
Prediction:

Next month, the following will all happen:
  • Bethesda will stop selling new versions of Skyrim
  • Nintendo will stop selling Nintendo Switch consoles
  • Disney will stop releasing Marvel movies
  • Apple will stop selling iPhones
  • Hasbro will stop selling D&D

Considering the price point, it's likely another slipcase set of the main three books. Probably a revised 5E.

If your right I'm NOT buying the PHB for a third time (I bought PHB when it first came out and then the Core Book Gift set because my OHB was falling apart and I didn't have the other two books or the DM screen). That is enough.

Actually they said that the two returning campaign setting books would be in a new Format, maybe they went large and deep on one of them, a huge book or a box set of books.

Still the only setting I can see them justifying that for is the Forgotten Realms and I think FR is the Revisit, not one of the 2 classic settings (unless this is a box set that includes books on Maztica, Kara Tur, and Zakhara, which would push it closer to a return of a classic setting then revisit, as if it'd just included a book on Faerun).

If that price is correct, and if it is a setting book, they're going in-depth and whole hog on it!
Maybe two classic settings in one box? :LOL: No? OK...

The current main three slipcase set has the exact same price point. $169.95. Either it's a placeholder price tag, or it's a three book slipcase. If it is a three book slipcase...what could that be? The only one that makes sense is the main three...and a revision.
If we assume "the future of D&D" is more than just a release schedule for Q1/2022, as posted before, a revised core certainly fits.
I think previous Amazon "leaks" had the MSRP price about right for the kind of book that ended up been released, so it seems to be a "big box" of some kind, yes. Obviously, just wild speculation on my part.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases