D&D 5E D&D Celebration Schedule

From September 23-26, the D&D community comes together for D&D Celebration – a weekend celebrating the release of The Wild Beyond the Witchlight, and previewing Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons (Oct 19) and Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos (Nov 16)! The first official D&D musical? The cast of Star Trek: Discovery rolling the d20s? This year’s D&D Celebration will offer fans a front row seat to...

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 10.16.30 PM.png

From September 23-26, the D&D community comes together for D&D Celebration – a weekend celebrating the release of The Wild Beyond the Witchlight, and previewing Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons (Oct 19) and Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos (Nov 16)!

The first official D&D musical? The cast of Star Trek: Discovery rolling the d20s? This year’s D&D Celebration will offer fans a front row seat to watch all that and more as hilarious Dungeon Masters lead adventures in a slate of side-splitting virtual games including:

- Disco Does D&D
o Cast members from Star Trek: Discovery Anthony Rapp, Mary Wisemann, Blu del Barrio, Ian Alexander, and special guest Wil Wheaton, play D&D with Noah Averbach-Katz at the helm as DM

- The Circus of Sound – a D&D Musical
o The long-awaited D&D musical event starring Anthony Rapp, Jason Charles Miller, Azie Dungey, Vico Ortiz, and Mariah Rose Faith with Kelly Lynne D’Angelo as DM

- The Slapstick Hunt: A Silly Chase
o DM Amy Vorpahl leads cast members from The Guild, Sandeep Parikh, Vince Caso, Robin Thorsen, Amy Okuda, and Jeff Lewis on a comedic adventure through the multiverse

- The Dungeon & The Dragon
o An unlikely band of monsters are assembled to help a wronged dragon track down the heroes who stole her hoard with Alicia Marie, Deborah Ann Woll, Todd Stashwick, Patrick Rothfuss, and Matthew Lillard playing as monsters and B. Dave Walters as DM

- The Great Dragon Tourney
o Get ready for a tourney unlike any other featuring dragon jousting, racing, and diplomacy starring Anna Prosser, Mica Burton, Nathan Sharp, Jonathan Indovino, and Kate Welch (in an extra-special role) with Mark Hulmes as DM

The weekend will close with a look to the future of the brand with the Future of D&D panel hosted by D&D’s own Liz Schuh, Ray Winninger, Chris Perkins, and Jeremy Crawford.

The full schedule of events, including virtual gaming and D&D Studio and community led panels, can be found here: https://dndcelebration.com/schedule

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I can't see them releasing a major release like a revised core set just after the holidays. A new core set would be the perfect <insert winter holiday of your choice> gift and sell well, I would think. And haven't all editions of D&D (since 3rd) released in the summer, like at GenCon? I guess WotC is not going to GenCon anymore, so maybe that can change? I still think it's likely an Amazon price mistake/misdirect.

On top of that, there is the 50th anniversary coming in 2024 (but that has been theorized and discussed before here in a couple threads).

I think 5.5e is likely for the aforementioned reasons, but I second that shortly after christmas is a stupid release date from a sales point of view and all those kids who got the old books for christmas feel ripped off.

So I do expect 5.5 either before this christmas or next. And then probably 5.5 will not be a lot more than phb + xgte + tasha, but in a compiled format.
Some options might rotate out of the PHB, some might rotate in and some abilities will be restructured or clarified.
So someone owning all the old books might just need to make a short list, which options are now default and maybe which short rest options will be prof bonus per long rest.

I think 5.5e is likely for the aforementioned reasons, but I second that shortly after christmas is a stupid release date from a sales point of view and all those kids who got the old books for christmas feel ripped off.

So I do expect 5.5 either before this christmas or next. And then probably 5.5 will not be a lot more than phb + xgte + tasha, but in a compiled format.
Some options might rotate out of the PHB, some might rotate in and some abilities will be restructured or clarified.
So someone owning all the old books might just need to make a short list, which options are now default and maybe which short rest options will be prof bonus per long rest.

I think half orc could get replaced by full orc.

I think Goblins and maybe Hobgoblins, Kobolds, and Bugbears could be in it too, like that is why Kobolds and Hobgoblins were in playtests, for this product weather it's a 5.5e core set or an FR box set.

also Aasimar and Genasi.

And Drow maybe be split between subtypes of Drow, like Aevendrow, Udadrow, and Lorendrow.

Last edited:

I think half orc could get replaced by full orc.

I think Goblins and maybe Hobgoblins, Kobolds, and Bugbears could be in it too, like that is why Kobolds and Hobgoblins were in playtests, for this product weather it's a 5.5e core set or an FR box set.

also Aasimar and Genasi.

And Drow maybe be split between subtypes of Drow, like Aevendrow, Udadrow, and Lorendrow.
God I hope genasi get revamps. They're just so lackluster and disappointing currently.

God I hope genasi get revamps. They're just so lackluster and disappointing currently.

And horribly balanced against each other , Fire and Water gets a pile of stuff, Air and Earth get 1 2nd level spell and a ribbon ability, that's it, not even Darkvision Fire Genasi get Darkvision. Only Kenku has a worse design (almost everything the Kenku get is pure ribbon, and by RAW Kenku shouldn't be able to be proper spellcasters.)

Weiley31

Legend
I'm personally hoping its a revised core set. Of the "Rule Expansion" books, I have Mords and Xanathar. Although, I don't have Volo's and I never did get my copy of Tasha's Alt cover. So, I guess it wouldn't be too bad if it was a collector set of those.

And if it does it up being Mord/Volo/Tasha/Xanathar, it would be pretty neat if they were their Alt covers ala how the Collector's Gift set for the core 3 were alt art. So that way those of use who missed out on them could get them again WITHOUT dealing with stupid scalper prices.

Remove ads

Remove ads