D&D 5E D&D Celebration Schedule

From September 23-26, the D&D community comes together for D&D Celebration – a weekend...

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 10.16.30 PM.png

From September 23-26, the D&D community comes together for D&D Celebration – a weekend celebrating the release of The Wild Beyond the Witchlight, and previewing Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons (Oct 19) and Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos (Nov 16)!

The first official D&D musical? The cast of Star Trek: Discovery rolling the d20s? This year’s D&D Celebration will offer fans a front row seat to watch all that and more as hilarious Dungeon Masters lead adventures in a slate of side-splitting virtual games including:

- Disco Does D&D
o Cast members from Star Trek: Discovery Anthony Rapp, Mary Wisemann, Blu del Barrio, Ian Alexander, and special guest Wil Wheaton, play D&D with Noah Averbach-Katz at the helm as DM

- The Circus of Sound – a D&D Musical
o The long-awaited D&D musical event starring Anthony Rapp, Jason Charles Miller, Azie Dungey, Vico Ortiz, and Mariah Rose Faith with Kelly Lynne D’Angelo as DM

- The Slapstick Hunt: A Silly Chase
o DM Amy Vorpahl leads cast members from The Guild, Sandeep Parikh, Vince Caso, Robin Thorsen, Amy Okuda, and Jeff Lewis on a comedic adventure through the multiverse

- The Dungeon & The Dragon
o An unlikely band of monsters are assembled to help a wronged dragon track down the heroes who stole her hoard with Alicia Marie, Deborah Ann Woll, Todd Stashwick, Patrick Rothfuss, and Matthew Lillard playing as monsters and B. Dave Walters as DM

- The Great Dragon Tourney
o Get ready for a tourney unlike any other featuring dragon jousting, racing, and diplomacy starring Anna Prosser, Mica Burton, Nathan Sharp, Jonathan Indovino, and Kate Welch (in an extra-special role) with Mark Hulmes as DM

The weekend will close with a look to the future of the brand with the Future of D&D panel hosted by D&D’s own Liz Schuh, Ray Winninger, Chris Perkins, and Jeremy Crawford.

The full schedule of events, including virtual gaming and D&D Studio and community led panels, can be found here: https://dndcelebration.com/schedule

I'm personally hoping its a revised core set. Of the "Rule Expansion" books, I have Mords and Xanathar. Although, I don't have Volo's and I never did get my copy of Tasha's Alt cover. So, I guess it wouldn't be too bad if it was a collector set of those.

And if it does it up being Mord/Volo/Tasha/Xanathar, it would be pretty neat if they were their Alt covers ala how the Collector's Gift set for the core 3 were alt art. So that way those of use who missed out on them could get them again WITHOUT dealing with stupid scalper prices.

Whatever this ends up being, Hobby Store Alt Cover version is confirmed.

lkj

Hero
How would Roll 20, D&D Beyond, and Fantasy Grounds react to that?
I think at least DDB will be part of it. Those previews from the WotC surveys a couple months back had pictures that were clearly DDB character sheets. The DDB folks have been hinting for months that they've been working on some big project in the background that they can't talk about yet (even implying there were 't's and 'i's' that were going to be crossed and dotted soon-- implying some sort of agreement).

This is speculation of course. And I've been wrong before (and way off). But I guess we'll see.

AD

Scribe

Legend
And if it does it up being Mord/Volo/Tasha/Xanathar, it would be pretty neat if they were their Alt covers ala how the Collector's Gift set for the core 3 were alt art. So that way those of use who missed out on them could get them again WITHOUT dealing with stupid scalper prices.

If its those 4 books, and I have all but Tasha's...I'd get it if it was the Alternative covers, and not updated otherwise, just to have the alt covers...

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
A 5.5 release would also be a good moment to unveil an in-house VTT - they could finally pull off what they attempted to do with 4e. Toss in a year's subscription if you buy the fancy box.
It would have to be extremely amazing for me to jump ship from Foundry VTT.

pukunui

Legend
No... Only new monster formating and a backwards compatible upgrade to 5e for 2024. (i somehow hope for christmas 2023 actually... but probably not).
There was a bit where James Wyatt talked about Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons. I would’ve thought there’d be some previews or something from that.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
There was a bit where James Wyatt talked about Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons. I would’ve thought there’d be some previews or something from that.
Nothing huge, some confirmation of the size of the Bestiary (70 statblocks), little details, mostly repeating what they put out in those recent Twitter drops.

Remove ads

Remove ads