D&D General D&D Christmas Presents

Carlsen Chris

Explorer
In France, for Christmas we had the news that all new D&D 5e releases will be frozen until further notice.
Yeaaah Christmas...

"Joking" aside I had no D&D gift this year but some minis for other games. Not so bad. :)
Uh why? My French has deteriorated but could you tell us why this happened?

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I got the Essentials Kit and a copy of The Monsters Know What They're Doing (the book) for myself, but haven't had a chance to look through them thoroughly yet.

My players got together and gave me Descent into Avernus on Roll20. This will be the first time I've ever tried a complete module online, and I'm looking forward to seeing how that works. After we finish Curse of Strahd.

To my players, I gave custom Roll20 tokens from Devin Knight (here).

I'm fascinated that they use the word gamme instead of jeu for D&D. Is that word used only for roleplaying games?

Uh why? My French has deteriorated but could you tell us why this happened?
They don't go into details, but they say it was due to some "decision" made by their international D&D licensing partner.

Quickleaf

Legend
I received two wonderful gifts from my D&D group to celebrate finishing Tomb of Annihilation. One was a set of custom order dice with skulls inside them, and the other a beautifully hand-crafted gaming box with an "Ubtao's maze" theme on the outside and a wet/dry erase board, dice storage, and miniature holding foam on the inside. Very thoughtful of the guys. :giggle:

Attachments

• gift-skulldice.jpg
    gift-skulldice.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 94
  • Gift-box1.jpg
    Gift-box1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 114
  • gift-box2.jpg
    gift-box2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 108

WolfhillRPG

Explorer
I received two wonderful gifts from my D&D group to celebrate finishing Tomb of Annihilation. One was a set of custom order dice with skulls inside them, and the other a beautifully hand-crafted gaming box with an "Ubtao's maze" theme on the outside and a wet/dry erase board, dice storage, and miniature holding foam on the inside. Very thoughtful of the guys. :giggle:
Now there are some thoughtful friends! The dry erase board is a fantastic idea.

Audiomancer

Adventurer
I got "Sword Coast Adventurers Guide" and "Out of the Abyss" as presents from my parents.

I also got an Amazon gift card, which I used to buy the Essentials Kit and a d100. They should arrive tomorrow.

Remove ads