D&D: Daggerdale

Dire Bare

Legend
WANT us to buy this game. I can't get it online for PC, nor can I even buy it at the official Gamestop.ca retailer as a DVD copy.

It's a brand new game, less than a week out, with the D&D logo on it and it's only $15. Doesn't surprise me it might be hard to find right away.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can download the game off of Atari's website.

Edit: Oops. Looks like only download option available now is for the XBOX. Download for PS3 and PC will be available "Spring 2011", so hopefully soon.

Last edited:

Dire Bare

Legend
The reviews on this title are in and they are, in a phrase: unversally terrible.

How this game passed WotC's approval process I simply have no idea. The developer's clearly ran out of dollars during development. This game was simply not ready for release.

Remember the two word review for Spinal Tap's Shark Sandwhich? Same applies for Daggerdale.

"Universally terrible"? No, it's getting mixed reviews, some negative, some positive, and well, some mixed.

It's a straight hack-and-slash without the ability to generate your own character (which is an important aspect of a D&D title). So it's practically guaranteed to get mixed reviews no matter how good it is/isn't.

As it is only $15, I'll be purchasing it soon. If I end up not liking it, I've only "wasted" $15. And my expectations will only be $15 worth of expectations, not $60.

Tarek

Explorer
Not really surprising, considering Atari's new direction as a game publisher. Cheap, fast, minimal development cost, minimal development time, oh, and they're dumping Cryptic onto the market.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Not really surprising, considering Atari's new direction as a game publisher. Cheap, fast, minimal development cost, minimal development time, oh, and they're dumping Cryptic onto the market.

Not a new direction, they've been doing that for years now. And Cryptic deserves to get dumped.

Sombalance

Explorer
I played the XBOX demo with my daughter last night. I thought it would be cool to have a game we could play coop on the same XBOX. To say I was disappointed with it doesn't even come close. Maybe its a better game playing solo or spread out on other machines but I'm not likely to find out. I already deleted the demo.

It felt like a button masher with poor graphics, poor sound and with extremely limited control of the display.

Ahzad

Explorer
I picked up this stinker on steam the other day and I wish to god I could get my money back. This game is awful.

The controls on the pc port are clunky.
Seriously you can't have any voice acting? All the stupid dwarves do is mumble.
I could only stomache about 4 quests before quitting and uninstalling this thing is disgust.

Torchlight is a much better game of this type by leaps and bounds go buy it and let this one sit b/c it's awful. Boo! Hiss! Boo!

Argyle King

Legend
As others have said, Torchlight is by far the better game.

Honestly, if you want simple and mindless psuedo-rpg flavored fun, I'd even suggest Castle Crashers over Daggerdale. CC is a very simple game, and it's done in a style similar to Golden Axe and old school beat-em-ups such as Double Dragon, but it's fun; far more fun than Daggerdale IMO.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
As others have said, Torchlight is by far the better game.

Honestly, if you want simple and mindless psuedo-rpg flavored fun, I'd even suggest Castle Crashers over Daggerdale. CC is a very simple game, and it's done in a style similar to Golden Axe and old school beat-em-ups such as Double Dragon, but it's fun; far more fun than Daggerdale IMO.
[MENTION=58416]Johnny3D3D[/MENTION], is Castle Crashers available on PC?

Remove ads