D&D 5E D&D Direct: WotC's 2023 Announcement Showcase Livestream

D&D Direct, the half-hour livestreamed event where WotC will reveal its new Virtual Tabletop (VTT), talk about the future of D&D, and celebrate the new D&D movie, starts at 9am PT (5pm UK time)! Watch it below! D&D Direct 2023 is a digital showcase that will feature announcements from all corners of the D&D fandom. Get a first look at the D&D virtual tabletop, tie-ins for Dungeons & Dragons...

D&D Direct, the half-hour livestreamed event where WotC will reveal its new Virtual Tabletop (VTT), talk about the future of D&D, and celebrate the new D&D movie, starts at 9am PT (5pm UK time)! Watch it below!

D&D Direct 2023 is a digital showcase that will feature announcements from all corners of the D&D fandom. Get a first look at the D&D virtual tabletop, tie-ins for Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, exciting partnerships, and even hear about what to expect in future books. Deep dives for tabletop products will come later this year.

Highlights/Contents
  • D&D Minecraft is coming soon. You can download a Minecraft Monstrous Compendium at Minecraft.net.​
  • Honor Among Thieves movie trailer.​
  • Song cartoon about teaching your friends D&D.​
  • Hasbro's 'March Monster Madness' D&D movie toys.​
  • Magic: the Gathering cards featuring D&D movie characters.​
  • Lolth's Warrior, R.A. Salvatore's new book in The Way of the Drow trilogy.​
  • Trailer for Neverwinter video game Menzoberranzan.​
  • D&D Digital Playspace--the upcoming new Virtual Tabletop playtest coming in late 2023.​
  • Newsroom skit about a lifesized mimic and a baby owlbear escaping WizKids.​
  • Joe Manganiello updates about his D&D documentary.​
  • Chris Perkins & Jeremy Crawford on the D&D multiverse, Keys from the Golden Vault, Bigby Presents Glory of the Giants, Phandelver & Below: The Shattered Obelisk, Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse, Deck of Many Things, and hints about Vecna coming in 2024 in a worldhopping adventure, a Red Wizard story in 2025, and D&D cartoon villain Venger will return in an adventure.

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 5.16.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 5.17.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 5.18.34 PM.png

Parmandur

Book-Friend
By this time last year, we knew about the 2023 schedule (before snafus).

For next year? Just the updated core books.

At least, that's my thought process on what @darjr meant.
Ah, fair. However, at this time in any year between ~2012-2022, we knew less about the coming year's D&D line than we do now.

Given what Perkins was laying down at Gameholecon, I rather suspect we will get a new "D&D Direct" soon...which they said would happen in thia video. Being a few months past August means they will Probst have more. o say about expectations for next year if they do.something in Nocember or December.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yea, @Parmandur that's pretty much it.

Maybe it's only been about 7 months since that video it just seems so different now. Kinda like those videos were an experiment they've pulled back from doing.
Well, hard to say about the precedent: they do say in this video to expect another one later this year...and that is still very possible. I am thinking they intended to start laying the groundwork for next year after the Deck of Many Things came out...which is complicated now.

We have had four months of concentrated fire focused on the next product one after another. I think thet might be working for WotC, and after DoMY we will begin hearing about the next thing...and I think we won't have a long wait for the next thing.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads