D&D 5E D&D Direct: WotC's 2023 Announcement Showcase Livestream

D&D Direct, the half-hour livestreamed event where WotC will reveal its new Virtual Tabletop (VTT), talk about the future of D&D, and celebrate the new D&D movie, starts at 9am PT (5pm UK time)! Watch it below! D&D Direct 2023 is a digital showcase that will feature announcements from all corners of the D&D fandom. Get a first look at the D&D virtual tabletop, tie-ins for Dungeons & Dragons...

D&D Direct, the half-hour livestreamed event where WotC will reveal its new Virtual Tabletop (VTT), talk about the future of D&D, and celebrate the new D&D movie, starts at 9am PT (5pm UK time)! Watch it below!

D&D Direct 2023 is a digital showcase that will feature announcements from all corners of the D&D fandom. Get a first look at the D&D virtual tabletop, tie-ins for Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, exciting partnerships, and even hear about what to expect in future books. Deep dives for tabletop products will come later this year.

Highlights/Contents
  • D&D Minecraft is coming soon. You can download a Minecraft Monstrous Compendium at Minecraft.net.​
  • Honor Among Thieves movie trailer.​
  • Song cartoon about teaching your friends D&D.​
  • Hasbro's 'March Monster Madness' D&D movie toys.​
  • Magic: the Gathering cards featuring D&D movie characters.​
  • Lolth's Warrior, R.A. Salvatore's new book in The Way of the Drow trilogy.​
  • Trailer for Neverwinter video game Menzoberranzan.​
  • D&D Digital Playspace--the upcoming new Virtual Tabletop playtest coming in late 2023.​
  • Newsroom skit about a lifesized mimic and a baby owlbear escaping WizKids.​
  • Joe Manganiello updates about his D&D documentary.​
  • Chris Perkins & Jeremy Crawford on the D&D multiverse, Keys from the Golden Vault, Bigby Presents Glory of the Giants, Phandelver & Below: The Shattered Obelisk, Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse, Deck of Many Things, and hints about Vecna coming in 2024 in a worldhopping adventure, a Red Wizard story in 2025, and D&D cartoon villain Venger will return in an adventure.

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 5.16.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 5.17.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 5.18.34 PM.png

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I’m talking about your statements that they will change how they’ve been treating Eberron for decades, and that keith’s views are irrelevant to wotc
I don't see any reason that WotC's grand multiverse plan would exclude Eberron just because its creator (who has no creative control) doesn't care for metaplots, which appear to be a cornerstone of WotC's plan. WotC certainly didn't take Weis and Hickman's wishes into account with their plans for Dragonlance.

Bolares

Hero
I don't see any reason that WotC's grand multiverse plan would exclude Eberron just because its creator (who has no creative control) doesn't care for metaplots, which appear to be a cornerstone of WotC's plan.
What? Has anyone here said anything even remotely close to this?

Micah Sweet

I’m talking about your statements that they will change how they’ve been treating Eberron for decades, and that keith’s views are irrelevant to wotc
Also, WotC has changed how they've treated all their settings in the last few years. Eberron isn't special in that regard.

Bolares

Hero
Eberron was pre-Tasha's. That's as good a dividing line as any, and one that people often use, not just me.
Wait, Eberron being pre-Tasha’s means that it will be changed by wotc needlessly to be part of a multiverse? Eberron already is a part of their muticerse, it always was, as Baker told us in the post I’ve linked. Eberron can appear in anything, that does not need to change how Eberron works at all.

I understand that they’ve changed a lot of settings you’ve liked in ways you didn’t like, and that you don’t trust them to take care of their own IP. But your take is as much an opinion as mine here, please don’t treat it as a fact.

Micah Sweet

Wait, Eberron being pre-Tasha’s means that it will be changed by wotc needlessly to be part of a multiverse? Eberron already is a part of their muticerse, it always was, as Baker told us in the post I’ve linked. Eberron can appear in anything, that does not need to change how Eberron works at all.

I understand that they’ve changed a lot of settings you’ve liked in ways you didn’t like, and that you don’t trust them to take care of their own IP. But your take is as much an opinion as mine here, please don’t treat it as a fact.
Ok, based on what WotC has revealed about their future plans, in my opinion Eberron is not immune and will likely be sqeezed to fit just like everything else. WotC has a corporate box to fill, and they don't care about their IP beyond whatever money they think they can squeeze out of a bunch of nostalgic proper names without getting social media up in arms about it.

Bolares

Hero
Ok, based on what WotC has revealed about their future plans, in my opinion Eberron is not immune and will likely be sqeezed to fit just like everything else. WotC has a corporate box to fill, and they don't care about their IP beyond whatever money they think they can squeeze out of a bunch of nostalgic proper names without getting social media up in arms about it.
You are entitled to that opinion, and well… if that ends up happening for some reason, we still have kanon to go by.

Remove ads

Remove ads