D&D 5E D&D Game Day - Vault of the Dracolich was awesome!

Feetz

First Post
We had a lot of fun at my store as well. We started out with one table of 5 and one table of 6 but had 3 people join us after we started.

I had to coordinate and DM but we managed.

In the end 4 people decided to deal with the wards and 7 distract the Dracolich. The 7 level 4s destroyed the level 14 Dracolich's body. The 2 barbarians, one with a potion of speed and the other with haste, made short work of the dragon. I didn't DM that fight but I believe it was done in 3 rounds.

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
I had a blast with VotD. I think interactive D&D really stand out and offer a different experience than what is our typical Home play experience. More stuff like this please!!

MortalPlague

Adventurer
I had a blast with VotD. I think interactive D&D really stand out and offer a different experience than what is our typical Home play experience. More stuff like this please!!
Oh yes, I completely agree. At the event I attended, even the seasoned veterans were saying they'd never seen anything like it. I'm going to be DM'ing at PAX this year, and I really hope we get a chance to run this event. It's really one-of-a-kind, and it would really lend itself to the convention format.

jhunton

First Post
well we could not find any store that was runing it. althow WOTC store locater sead ther were 16 store in or area but not one was runing it.:(

darjr

I crit!
We had two full tables, three GM's and my whole party was 'undead' by the end! It was a blast. I had players shocked that we got through so many combats and lots of RP in so short a time.

At one point both tables came together and we had a battle royal with an avatar of the Dracolitch, then again at the last room. Very fun!

Remove ads