• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D gievaways @ Gen Con

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
If you are at Gen Con there are a couple cool giveaway items.

Hit up WoTC staff for a D&D "Ampersand Dragon" iron on patch.

6376_138069391070_73340321070_3811998_5649328_s.jpg

If you sign up for any D&D Insider account at the WotC booth you get a free D&D Backpack.

6376_138109981070_73340321070_3812585_16375_s.jpg

There is lots of other fun stuff going on at the booth so stop by and check it out

avin

First Post
FIRST!

Oh, wait, wrong boards...

*evil grin*

So, any probability of getting some D&D CRPG info at Gen Con?

fasdfasdfasdf

First Post
Gee, I think it's great that everyone signing up for DDI at Gencon and PAX are getting something that the people who signed up nine months ago, or even ten days ago, won't get. I guess we just don't rate the double extra exclusive secret Assassin preview. You know, the kind of preview we paid for.

There's also that ridiculous Fan Site Kit Policy thing that you coughed up a week or two ago. I'll keep those things in mind when I think about re-subscribing.

Hm, when does that Pathfinder game come out? Oh yeah, today. I hope you spent a long time looking at the line wrapped around the Paizo booth, Scott. Now there is a company that doesn't hate it's customers.

Rechan

Adventurer
How dare WotC offer free things to people at events where large numbers of gamers flock yearly in order to generate more revenue!

Who do they think they are, those other companies at GenCon that offer free things?

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Hey Scott,

I'll be at PAX, is there any place to sign up in advance for UDD or living games? I have never played at a convention before and hope its newbie friendly. I have some friends that will likely want to participate in the delve as a team.

Do I need to sign up for the RPGA first? How do you do that? I can't seem to find anything on their site....

Obryn

Hero
Hello, troll alt! Why didn't you post this under your actual username?

Come on, you know if you have ever been to a Gen Con that you can get stuff there you can't get anywhere else. And you get swag from buying stuff there, too. Boo hoo. You missed out on swag for not being at Gen Con.

-O

fasdfasdfasdf

First Post
How dare WotC offer free things to people at events where large numbers of gamers flock yearly in order to generate more revenue!

It's not free. It's something you get for signing up for DDI. Like I did, months and months ago, along with a promise for, among other things, preview content. The thing that irks me is that WotC is double dipping on the exclusive preview card. First they promise it to me, now they're dangling stuff that I can't get to get more fish. Yes, they are generating more revenue today, and that's probably all that matters to Hasbro and Scott's corporate masters. But they may not get revenue from me tomorrow, because they appear to be going out of their way to jerk customers around, and I am a good WotC customer. I even buy their stuff from the FLGS, because I think it's important to have a persistent and reliable place to play their games.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads