• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D&D Icons of the Realms Starter Sets have arrived

thalmin

Retired game store owner
The first 5E minis set has started arrived. It should start showing up in WPN stores starting today, with the general release on the 15th. The figures look very well done, about the same sizes as the earlier D&D collector figs. The info on the underside of the base is raised, like the earlier D&D sets, not printed in white like the Pathfinder minis, but it is very hard to read as it is not raised very much.
The figures are labeled as

Drow Elf Ranger Drizzt 46/51
Gold Dwarf Female Cleric 47/51
Human Female Ranger 48/51
Sun Elf Female Wizard 49/51
Northlands Fighter 50/51
Lightfoot Halfling Rogue 51/51

Last edited:

thalmin

Retired game store owner
So these can match up with both the Starter set pregens and with the "Hoard of the Dragon Queen" adventure?
They match up exactly with the D&D Starter, though Drizzt is extra and you use the human ranger for the human archery fighter.
I don't know what is used in the Hoard adventure.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Yes. There are 44 random figures in the boosters. The Gargantuan promo figure (identity still unknown) is #45.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Well, I guess we can rule out Tiamat as the promo figure #45, as Tiamat will be released in November at a price of $59.99. My guess #45 will be a gargantuan red dragon, as WotC has not put out red in that size, although green is also possible for the same reason, although Pathfinder did put out the gargantuan green.

Remove ads